PDA

View Full Version : 200x camshaft identification help needed

mtsnieg
03-20-2011, 03:18 PM
I bought a box of 1st gen 200x assorted parts for cheap. Included were two cams. The guy I bought it from said one was a stocker and one was for a xr200. How can I determine which one is what? The bearing journals mic'd up well within specs and are clean. I mic'd the 'tallest points' of the lobes and they are the same. Is it the duration that's the difference? How can a guy find out? They look almost identical, one might look to have a bit more duration than the other, it could be me eyes. Thanks, Matt.

Dirtcrasher
03-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Duration would be the slope the rocker follows as it closes; A grind is a grind but I'd have no idea how to measure that other than make a template out of paper/cardboard and see if it's a c,lose match.

There's also lobe seperation......

mtsnieg
03-20-2011, 07:18 PM
I tried the paper template thing, it's too hard to get it all lined up the same way. I guess I'll try calling some of the local shops tomorrow and see what they have to say. It'd be nice to find out which cam is what.

mtsnieg
03-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Anyone else have any input? I'd like to try a xr200 cam in my fresh 200x engine, while it's still fresh.