PDA

View Full Version : wanna see the pics of old scool?

Trikeaholic
10-12-2003, 02:42 PM
here is what I have done so far. There are misc parts and pieces going to the chromer, including the DG pipe that came with it when I got it. Im waiting on the footpegs to come, and its getting sent down. Im also waiting on my +3 swingarm, the jug is at the machine shop getting bored out. Im ordering some misc stuff tonite from DK, like braided brake lines, brake pads, chain, sprockets etc. I have emails to 3 different places for quotes on Douglas wheels on all 3 corners. All the Aluminum parts were just polished with "scotchbrite" maroon, and then grey. Good stuff.

Dynofox
10-12-2003, 09:52 PM
Holic let me know when you get it finished so I can come check her out!

mike from long island
10-12-2003, 10:36 PM
whatcha gonna do with the old spare parts??? i am thinking of doing that 83 r. pretty much stock. let me know thanks mike

Darius1502
10-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Trikaholic,

It looks just like my 86 Tri Z....when the project had just began! I know you are going to make an incredible trike. You are taking the same exhasting detail that I did....

...congradulations and bless you for saving an air cooled R!

Here is pic of my Tri Z at the same stage!

Trikeaholic
10-13-2003, 07:15 PM
I agree, the free air R is pretty unusual to see, unless of course it is thrashed to shite.

NOS_350X
10-13-2003, 09:00 PM
when your finished i bet its the only air cooled R that i would trade my 350x for.

Trikeaholic
10-13-2003, 09:35 PM
whatcha gonna do with the old spare parts??? i am thinking of doing that 83 r. pretty much stock. let me know thanks mike

Not much if anything will be left over. The only thing I really dont want is the front rim and tire. The rest is being refinished. I guess I could ebay the old chain and sprocket! I do have a set of JUNK footpegs, a good headlight with guard, taillight, light switch too. I think Im gonna keep that stuff, just cause it kinda "goes with it" eventhough, I wont use any of it.