PDA

View Full Version : My new 1985 200M

Midnite_rider
03-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Well it's not new, but its new to me. I bought 2 old beaters, but I could not get either one of them to beat. So I sold them last week and went that night and bought a 1985 200M. And it even runs. Well it does until you let off of the throttle. I think the carb needs cleaning. The electric start works and everything.... I am soooo happy that I had to tell someone, so I am posting it here. Most of the people around here look at me like I am nuts when I say 3 wheeler to them. They all say them thangs is dangerous!!!! I say that the people that ride them are dangerous. They are now riding 4 wheelers and are still having the same stupid accidents on them.

RubberSalt
03-14-2011, 02:11 PM
That looks like a pretty version of mine.. with a non-rusted gastank.. SCORE!!
Clean the carb and air filter out. It may just need to be tuned in again on the bottom end. make sure you got a fuel filter! :)

Midnite_rider
03-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the fuel filter tip. I may just go ahead and put an inline filter on it. It actually has a plastic tank which I am thrilled about. The last guy that has it experimented with some funky metallic paint on the other side of the tank. I am going to follow some of the tips I have found on here and clean that tank and polish it.

Taiser
03-14-2011, 04:14 PM
The "M" was always a solid machine, should last you a long time. As for the idling, just pop the carb off and clean it, will probably solve it. Worse case scenerio is a 20$ carb rebuild kit.

1badatc
03-14-2011, 08:41 PM
awesome man i love my new 200m!glad to see another proud 200m owner lol

Midnite_rider
03-15-2011, 11:43 AM
I am truly a proud owner. It really doesn't need much work to be a first class trike. There are a few cracks in the plastic on the left rear fender. I am thinking about attempting to plastic weld them. (I used to do that for a living several years ago) Or the worst case, the fenders are still available for about $300 a set. The carb needs a good cleaning. Front and rear brakes need fixing. (ordered new rear brake shoes yesterday.) Gas tank has some ugly textured paint on the other side. The guy I bought it from said he was trying to test some paint on the plastic tank (FAIL!). I think I can fix this with a razor blade and some polish.

I even got a spare tire(with a front rim) in the deal that only needs a valve stem to be good as new.