PDA

View Full Version : Updated pics of YTM225...

Greaser1
03-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Here you go... new tires, spacers, brakes, bars, filters, fluids, battery, rebuilt carb, and a metric sh*t ton of money spent on missing bolts. Its ready to ride...

vartz04
03-13-2011, 06:46 PM
nice lookin ride. I wish mine was that clean. Is that a new seat cover?

Greaser1
03-13-2011, 07:26 PM
nice lookin ride. I wish mine was that clean. Is that a new seat cover?

No, that's the original seat...

ironchop
03-13-2011, 07:39 PM
WOW!

nice lookin 225....wish there were more getting rehabbed around here.

I hear ya on the hardware...seems like pennies when you start buying a few nuts and bolts here and there but before ya know it, ya got almost $100 in fasteners thanks to the dude before you who used an adjustable wrench on everything and rounded off anything with a corner on it...ARGHHH!

Derrick Adams
03-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Are those 20" rears?

Lil Earl
03-13-2011, 08:27 PM
very nice, wish mine looked like that

Greaser1
03-13-2011, 09:51 PM
WOW!

nice lookin 225....wish there were more getting rehabbed around here.

I hear ya on the hardware...seems like pennies when you start buying a few nuts and bolts here and there but before ya know it, ya got almost $100 in fasteners thanks to the dude before you who used an adjustable wrench on everything and rounded off anything with a corner on it...ARGHHH!

Thanks. I don't think I'll use the stainless fasteners next time. I'll probably paint and bake the normal stuff.

Are those 20" rears?

Yes Derrick, 20" rears.

vartz04
03-13-2011, 10:40 PM
darn I was hoping it was a cover, I have been trying to find one that says shaft on the side like the factory one.

Lil Earl
03-14-2011, 04:03 PM
darn I was hoping it was a cover, I have been trying to find one that says shaft on the side like the factory one.

i cant remember who it was, but just a couple weeks ago, someone had a bunch of pictures of seats that they re done and one said shaft on it, wish i could remember who it was

Taiser
03-14-2011, 04:07 PM
That is sweet, and the Yammies are AWESOME wheelie machines too! I miss mine... :(

muthey
03-14-2011, 04:09 PM
it is mr and mrs. moshman they do alot of seats

George_Doucette
03-14-2011, 04:12 PM
trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro son, my friend had one...she didnt look this good haha...really nice trike man...20 inch razrs? thats what im rocking on my 82 250r...

Lil Earl
03-14-2011, 04:18 PM

thanks, i just cold not remember who it was

Greaser1
03-14-2011, 07:45 PM
That is sweet, and the Yammies are AWESOME wheelie machines too! I miss mine... :(

Yeah Taiser, the first day I got this, a few weeks ago, I hadn't been on one in about 15 years. I decided to show my wife I could still wheelie it, but the throttle stuck and I almost smashed into my neighbor's house. Now that it runs well I found I can still ride a wheelie with the best of 'em.

trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro son, my friend had one...she didnt look this good haha...really nice trike man...20 inch razrs? thats what im rocking on my 82 250r...

Thanks George, I'm gonna ride it for a few months 'til the wheels fall off and do a full resto over the summer. I'll start working on the 125m for my daughter in about two weeks. I found an original owner 70 that is all original that I'm gonna grab after I return from my vacation next week (this will take some doing because my wife says no more 3 wheelers/motorcylces until I finish what I have).

Greaser1
03-14-2011, 07:47 PM

How do I get in touch with them? Do they do seats with logos?

MonroeMike
03-14-2011, 07:52 PM
PM her.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/member.php?7186-Mrs.Mosh

Check out her work.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?117039-Cosmic-Quads-custom-seats-and-covers...8-years-worth-of-work-in-here.

350Xccelerator
03-14-2011, 10:50 PM
wow that looks really good. I bet the tires and spacers made a huge diffference.

George_Doucette
03-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Yeah Taiser, the first day I got this, a few weeks ago, I hadn't been on one in about 15 years. I decided to show my wife I could still wheelie it, but the throttle stuck and I almost smashed into my neighbor's house. Now that it runs well I found I can still ride a wheelie with the best of 'em.

Thanks George, I'm gonna ride it for a few months 'til the wheels fall off and do a full resto over the summer. I'll start working on the 125m for my daughter in about two weeks. I found an original owner 70 that is all original that I'm gonna grab after I return from my vacation next week (this will take some doing because my wife says no more 3 wheelers/motorcylces until I finish what I have).

haha decent, i had a 125 when i was younger tough as nails only problem i had was shifting forks...yes yes the wife/girlfriend...they always bitc* about the amount of money invested in trike/bikes/quads/etc...but how much money they blow on shopping and hair do's...one time my ex told me i could get this cr250, i replyed with you cant go to the malll or do your hair either...needless to say she is my EX hahahahahah.

Greaser1
03-15-2011, 08:24 PM
haha decent, i had a 125 when i was younger tough as nails only problem i had was shifting forks...yes yes the wife/girlfriend...they always bitc* about the amount of money invested in trike/bikes/quads/etc...but how much money they blow on shopping and hair do's...one time my ex told me i could get this cr250, i replyed with you cant go to the malll or do your hair either...needless to say she is my EX hahahahahah.

Its harder to find cool toys than it is to find a wife. :lol:

RubberSalt
03-16-2011, 03:53 AM
I feel sorry for some of you guys. Tractor supply has grade 8 hardware for $4.50 a pound and grade 5 for $2. Atwoods has grade 5 for $2 a pound and sales for $1 a pound frequenty. Also, the yard store has TONS of air craft grade aluminum and steel sheets/odd things you need. Gotta love wichita KS when it comes to fabricating crap lol.
I just realised why all my stuff has been red necked together at some point or another.. DAMN YOU WICHITA lol
My girlfriend might send me to rehab, she just lets me by what ever i want. I know it wont last much longer before she blocks craigs list and tells me to fix what i already have.

Greaser1
03-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I probably had all of the bolts laying around my garage but I was too lazy to look. I spent a lot of money for the bolts and screws that hold the plastic together because I wanted stainless.

Update... I got my exhaust this afternoon and bolted it on. Man, you guys that said DG has sh*t paint weren't kiddin. I took it out for a test ride after I bolted the exhaust on and when I got back 90% of the paint was gone. Oh well, I already have high temp paint from when I built the exhaust for my Honda bobber a few weeks ago.

Have any of you guys installed jet kits on the YTMs? I have one but I'm looking for some lessons learned before I jump in.

brd812
03-16-2011, 07:26 PM
w/airbox and pipe go one jet richer. w/air box 1 jet richer 113 or 114 i think and 1 clip up on the needle I think it been to many beers ago. Hahah. If your running your complete air box you just adjust your air and idle and it won't hurt anything until you get it jetted. good luck.

brd812
03-16-2011, 07:31 PM
w/out airbox sorry, 1 jet richer and 1 clip up on the needle. If I remeber right, its been 10 years.

Greaser1
03-16-2011, 08:05 PM
w/out airbox sorry, 1 jet richer and 1 clip up on the needle. If I remeber right, its been 10 years.

Thanks! On a friend's recommendation, I think I'll go grab a UNI tomorrow.