PDA

View Full Version : wheres my timing window located?

mdwohleber56
03-12-2011, 12:29 PM
hey i have an 85 ytm 225Dx wasnt starting so i pulled the cylinder head off and cylinder and it is 100% new everything in there(just bought 2 trikes for 300 a month or so ago) but its filled with insulation(mouse made a nest in the airbox at some point be4 i bought them) so anyways i have to line everything back out and it says to make sure the T is in the timing window when lining everything else up. where is this timing window? please help cant wait to try and start her again

1984 honda 200s
03-12-2011, 01:15 PM
your timing window is on the left hand side crank case cover. its a FLAT screw type of plugg. looks like this ( ll )

RubberSalt
03-12-2011, 01:26 PM
The timing window on my yt looks like this ( . Y . )

Hope that helps! (i know they help me :-D)

mdwohleber56
03-12-2011, 07:39 PM
hey thank for the help hopefully i got her all timed up right now got the carb sitting in some carb cleaner overnight the smaller jet is clogged beyond belief the jet is so small i cant even stick a sowing needle through it

atc007
03-12-2011, 09:54 PM
You'll more than likely be replacing the pilot jet. But with some real high compressed air,you might get lucky!

mdwohleber56
03-13-2011, 03:06 PM
i got it cleaned but luckily i when i pulled the one outa the back up carb it was clear so shot some cleaner through it for good lucj dryed it put it in. ive been having troubles with my starter solinoid relay tho. when i first hooked up the elecric starter it just clicked so i put my spar on and it worked fine but now its just clicking again. my regulator wouldnt be messing with them would it?

RubberSalt
03-13-2011, 04:17 PM
No, but a battery to dead can causes that.

When my klt did this, i suspected the solinoid also. I went to auto zone and go the cheapest 1 they had for a car. They are pretty universal.

mdwohleber56
03-14-2011, 12:50 AM
really i just bought one i did leave it on over night tho oops left in on the charger for like 4 hours. i guess ill make sure the level is full and hook it up for a few more hours

RubberSalt
03-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Let the battery sit for about an hour, you should have over 12.4 volts still

if it's less than 12, i'd question it.

Honestly at this point, replace the soleniod, it's probably bad lol. could be as far as the wires going to and from the ignition switch also.

mdwohleber56
03-14-2011, 12:52 PM
i ordered a new solinoid relay the other day be4 i read trailprotrailpro responce so if i end up not needing it ill just use it when i build the 2nd 225Dx that i have its already half way apart so onc ei ge thte first one running im going to tear it completely apart and giving it some paint and make that one run as my "pretty" one lol oh and iv been looking for my ignition switch to test it to c how good it is where do i find that at?

RubberSalt
03-14-2011, 02:06 PM
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062496&CAWELAID=107592759 All you need is a momentary switch. Push it down, bike starts, unpush it down. good to go.

mdwohleber56
03-14-2011, 03:11 PM
sweet nice cheap fix eh. im thinking that it is just the battery is to low when i hooked it back up to the charger and gave it a push it cranked a few times be4 going back to clicking on my trickle charger i should have it set to 12 volt right? when i do so it will pull at least 10amps allllllllll day and never really go down to pulling none like most battery's ive had

RubberSalt
03-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Jump it with your car and see how it acts.. That usualy how i have to start my klt lol

I'm honestly thinking about making a bigger battery fit my klt, i have having to rely on my always dead batteries lol

If they aren't charged up for a month, they can go bad just sitting there. When not using the battery long periods of time, it needs to be set up on a trickle charge(battery tender). Same goes for motorcycles, scooters, anything else requireing a wet cell battery. Car batteries are the same way, but last a lot longer before needing charges.

mdwohleber56
03-15-2011, 02:31 PM
on my parts trike the pervious owner did that. made a bigger battery cage behind where the air filter should be. im not sure if he had to remove the air filter box to make it work but there wasnt one on the trike when i bought them. im acually cutting his homemade cage off so i can paint the frame