PDA

View Full Version : 250r short track tank kit ????

aldochina
03-10-2011, 03:26 PM
i really hate asking these types of ?'s, but i cant form my own opinion without some input, because i know they are rare, but how rare? i have seen a few on ebay lately go for good money but they were complete and pretty nice. what would you think just the tank, shrouds, and tripples are worth. tank is faded pretty bad, shrouds have ok color, no radiator hoses or brackets. thanks for any input.

Dirtcrasher
03-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Well, you can un-fade the tank with your time and it will repay you a few times over, help the kit sell too.

Sounds like they just need the radiator mounts (I wish I knew what exactly they were and I'd make some up); Hoses aren't a big deal.

Still has to be 300-500$ for what you have.......

aldochina
03-10-2011, 08:16 PM
thanks for your input DC, that is the ball park i was thinking.

NINJA
03-10-2011, 10:11 PM
i really hate asking these types of ?'s, but i cant form my own opinion without some input, because i know they are rare, but how rare? i have seen a few on ebay lately go for good money but they were complete and pretty nice. what would you think just the tank, shrouds, and tripples are worth. tank is faded pretty bad, shrouds have ok color, no radiator hoses or brackets. thanks for any input.
Sand that tank down and polish it up, after that with DC Plastics shrouds and the lower triple, you're looking at $350-$400 at the current market. I would know.

yj350
03-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Is that the one on new york craigslist ? I was going to call and pick it up but with all the rain we have been getting I picked up a new creek kayak and got the white water season off to an early start.

jeffatc250r
03-10-2011, 11:20 PM
I bought a complete kit still in the honda box ten yrs ago.
I had no idea of the value at the time and didnt have a computer, otherwise i would of left it in the box and sold it on ebay.
But i didnt, and i do use it.
Also fyi, its only the bottom trip tree that is different, it uses the stock upper.