PDA

View Full Version : 86 tecate 3 +2 swingarm worth?????

BP
10-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Some guy has contacted me claims to have a 86-87 Cal-Fab +2 swingarm. he wont give me a price for it, he wants me to make an offer. Says if my offer is more then he paid for it, he'll show me a picture of it.

I cant figure these guys out either you know what its worth or what you have to have for it, or you dont want to sell it? How cant you know what you want for it? Im supposed to guess what he paid for it , and if Im over that amount, then maybe he might sell it to me?? HE HE HE

Figure this one out???

What would some of you guys think it is worth??

BP1

tecatecrazy
10-11-2003, 01:25 PM
kinda depends what shape its in. what if you offered him $200 and it turned out to be a pile of chit. tell him you want to see a pic first. sounds like a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to me.---Joe 8)

BP
10-11-2003, 03:35 PM
Yea something dont sound right with this guy. I cant figure out why they just dont tell you what they want for it?
Another guy sent me a mail told me that he has one forsale and he said the price right away. I can respect that. But I do think his price is a little too high. Everything is for sale for the right price.

Both of these swingarms I am talking about are +2 a +3 would be ideal, but I may have to settle for a plus 2.

I dont have to have one, but a longer swingarm would help keep the front end down. Will see what happens.

Is the Cal-Fab shop closed, dont they make new ones?

BP1

Curtis-Tecate3
10-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Hey BP.....Uhhhhh care to share his email address for a small fee....

Seriously, Do some searching on this site and you will quickly learn the real story about the elusive Cal-Fab Tecate swingarm. Lets just say you shouldn't have a problem reselling it if you dont like it. This was the preferred swingarm of all racers including the Kawasaki Factory team back in 86-87. Cal-Fab quit making them many many years ago when 3wheelers took the "Big Hit" from the media. I believe the company is still around as I called them 5 or so years ago but the story is that the owner that made them passed away and the son that runs the shop is unwilling to touch anything like that. I think they do race car parts now.

Anyway,
Let us (you listening Jeb?) know what happens and especially let us know if you found 2 of them..!!

Curtis.

TimSr
10-12-2003, 12:44 AM
I find it really annoying when somebody offers something for sale but wont give a price on it. If its for sale it should have a price. If your trying to play people to get the best offer, then auction the stupid thing and quit playing games!

Personally, as soon as somebody says says "make me an offer" for something THEY have advertised for sale, my desire to deal with them is off the table. So to you guys who advertised in classfieds and never heard from me after answering my "how much do you want for it" with "make me an offer", now youll know why.

Lots_Of_Nothing
10-12-2003, 01:10 AM
he probly has NO idea what its worth, he probly just wants to get the best of you, if i were you, i would say, "50 bucks" and then be like "i see them going for 45 on ebay all the time in perfect shape, not to many people want them, they say there junk" i can almost guarentee you he will fall through and you will get it for alot cheaper then u think

200x Basket
10-12-2003, 06:08 AM
this guy is me. i offered it to him on here once and he did not like the asking price. so then he gets my email from ebay and solicits me for one.

"sure i have one, make me an offer on it. " i did not have it for sale, i was asked if i had one and if i would sell it. everything is for sale, make ma an offer on it. i will sell you my cars, my house, my tecate, if the offer is right. does that mean i have all this listed for sale, hell no.

whats the big deal about that? i have an asking price and i wont sell it for less then i have in it. the chances of finding one are slim to none and it will cost more then my asking price to have one made and nearly as much to alter a stock one (by a good company). so for all people interested, i have a 86-87 tecate 3 cal fab swinger that i will sell if my asking price is met, otherwise it is on my 85/86 hybrid bike for now.
thanks
chris

Curtis-Tecate3
10-13-2003, 09:36 AM
200xBasket...Chris,
Thanks for clearing that up. I kinda assumed that it might have been yours since BP mentioned 2. Anyway glad you found them and are going to put them to use. The only thing I have found is a steel dura-blue +2 that I bought but still have not installed. Send me an email sometime if you ever get the urge to sell one of your Cal-Fabs.

Curtis
tecate3@aol.com