PDA

View Full Version : Yamahopper 225dx

Silverado
03-08-2011, 10:16 AM
I found this little gem and it looks like I might be picking it up soon for about $200-$300 dollars. I wont know until after April.

I figure that is a good price. I was riding it on the weekend, starts fine, no strange noise, no smoke. It has a broken front brake lever and the handle bars are ever so slightly bent. The forks are straight as is the back axle. The trail pros on the back are dry rot cracked and have slow leaks so I would need to replace them too. Front tire is fine.

is that how the choke looks oem ?
What do you guys think ?

musser1972
03-08-2011, 10:24 AM
That's how my choke looked before I broke the lever :) Now I have a round keychain ring on the choke rod.

Silverado
03-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I must say I really do not like this method as a choke. Do you think there is anything I can do with that exhaust pipe to make it look better and prevent it from rusting through ?

musser1972
03-09-2011, 12:19 PM
I've seen a few 225dx partouts recently on this site and on .org. You should be able to locate one no problem, as well as anything else you need. That pipe looks too far gone.

Silverado
03-09-2011, 12:37 PM
I think that might be the best decision. Is it like the Honda where there is a head pipe and a separate connection to the exhaust

Lil Earl
03-09-2011, 01:14 PM
cant tell ou about the choke. i gote mine and it was already broke off, ha ha

fabiodriven
03-09-2011, 04:08 PM
:shiftyeyes:Trailpros:shiftyeyes:

Taiser
03-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah that's the same choke my 200e had. Lift it up pointing straight up and that's "half" choke, then push it further until it's resting on the headlight bezel and it's "full" choke. Always worked for me, but yeah, don't look so good.

Silverado
03-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Fabio I was waiting for that !!! Took you long enough.

its a funny choke, I find when I flip it if full choke it is floppy just like when it is in zero choke. Maybe it is in bad condition and only has position 1 and 2 working.

musser1972
03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
My 225dx is cold natured. Just FYI, I choke it only until I hear it sputter a bit then turn the choke off and keep my thumb resting on the throttle and crank it with choke off. As soon as it starts to sputter I give it a little gas and it fires right up. Mine floods easily with choke on. If I start to smell gas, I give her a rest for a few minutes and try again. I have to keep it running until it gets warm and then it's good to go all day. I'm lucky enough that my electric start works. If not, it can be hell trying to get it pull started when cold.

I love my 225. I would like to have another one.

hillbilly 200x
03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
looks like a good deal for $200-300

muthey
03-09-2011, 09:27 PM
great deal for 2-300$, that is not the original lever on the choke if you want one hit me up, as I have a spare, not quite sure if you were commenting that it was sloppy if so then the whole cable needs to be replaced the tail light is not original either, but the plastics are mint looking, and more than 300$ to replace. You might be able to emery cloth the header and paint it with a high temp paint, also it is a two piece exhaust. I would put a set of dirt bike bars on it like mine has they handle pretty good with them, and are cheaper to replace, since I just recently replace my choke cable mine fires up instantly. Disconnect the choke cable lube it and inspect it , if the cable is fine like I said I will give you the lever for it so you can have the right one, and that may be the whole problem right there, let me know