PDA

View Full Version : 125m

xxiamdrewxx
03-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Just diggin up some info on the 125m engine! What I am trying to do is drop this into a pit bike frame. So are the engine mounts the same as dirt bikes? Also is there a kick starter that bolts up to this motor. I know seems kinda silly but got this engine laying around and looking for a new project! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

briano
03-06-2011, 10:24 PM
The mounts are not the same, they are close but one of them is going to need modification. You may have some cutting and welding to do, but it is not that hard. As far as just bolting on a kick start that is not going to happen. How many starting methods do you need on it, pull, electric, and kick.

xxiamdrewxx
03-06-2011, 11:59 PM
lol no I wanted to be rid of pull for kick. Going to get rid of all the electric start crap if I end up doing the swap. Which of the mounts is different?

pjschulze30
03-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I've had a 125M since I was 11. Short of taking a hammer to it, it was abused in every way known to man in my younger years....the electric start is simple and bulletproof, I'd keep-it. You can get a sealed gel battery that is much smaller than the old stock one required. I'd go that route if space is a concern.

atc350xer
03-07-2011, 01:40 PM
If you want a kick start 125, get a pit bike motor... and don't forget, if you remove the starter, there will be a big hole in the engine