PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 200e

budget125
10-10-2003, 07:03 PM
I just got a free yamaha 200e from a friend at work. Its got 3 brand new tires on it. The only problem is that it sounds like the rear diff is gone. It has a large clunking noise, and it locks up sometimes. Are the differental in the 200e the same as the yamha 225? They look about the same. I got a spare sitting in my shed that i can use. thanks.

budget125
10-10-2003, 07:17 PM
I screwed up, Yamaha 200es,Not a honda, but with reverse, not sure of the name. anyone?

jeswinehart
10-11-2003, 07:09 AM
nothing like free stuff,,,
i went to the specs page + took a random shot as to what year you might have ,,, is this it ?
you'd probbly be the best one to tell us if those parts interchange since you have one to take off from. let us know !

http//www.3wheelerworld.com/1985yamahaspecpage.shtml

john

budget125
10-12-2003, 04:09 AM
I am almost positive they are the same. Its a YTM200ERN, stickers have some paint over them, so didnt know exactly what it was. But hell it was free. I almost have the rear axle off to change the differential, but rounded off the last bolt :evil: always happens. but i will get the answer to you guys in a few days.

jeswinehart
10-12-2003, 07:07 AM
aggggh , i hate that when people paint over the decals !

you might try to put oven cleaner on the painted over decals and let set for a couple of hours. it will loosen the paint up so you can wipe it off. not the quickest method but rather a low impact type of paint removal.
don't rub to hard ,,, not sure if it will start taking the colour out of the decals or not. won't hurt the plastic but will soften any paint.

john