PDA

View Full Version : front hub axle removal 350x

longbedGTs
03-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Im replacing the bearings and powdercoating the front hub and am having some trouble getting the axle to come out. Ive tapped one end(the end with a nut shape) and all it does it mushroom the end without any signs of the axle budging. Ive got another hub thats bare with no bearings or axle. Should I just use that and get a new axle or is there any hope of the current axle coming out? The bearings look pretty rusty, so Im not too optimistic..but maybe there is a trick to use? Thanks!

1984 honda 200s
03-06-2011, 01:39 AM
its a prick to get them to come out especially stock bearings in there., i could not get my axle to come out of my 200s, luckily it doesnt need bearings if it did...id be screwed lol. id like some more info on this topic too!

sittinguy
03-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Hit the threaded end, not the nut side. don't mess up the threads! Axles are not cheap.

aldochina
03-06-2011, 12:20 PM
confused?? is the wheel still mounted on the trike, or are you just dealing with the axle and hub??

longbedGTs
03-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Hit the threaded end, not the nut side. don't mess up the threads! Axles are not cheap.

doh! Well looks like I get to grind down the mushroomed bolt end. No problemo though.
I hit the threaded end and it came out with little struggle. I consider that lucky since Im sure its the original 1985 junk! Thanks for the help! :cheers: