PDA

View Full Version : my new 200x problem child

trike rider 85
03-04-2011, 02:39 AM
well first i didnt read up on the probs that the 200x has this is a 85 200x dg big gun pipe and silencer web cam and weisco high cp piston when this was in the guys garage kicker didnt slip i started it 3 or 4 times over the cours of me checking it over there is snow out so of course i couldnt fell the clutch slipping so i bout it i think pretty cheap for 500 and it is like mint no cracks no smoke or ticking started first kick in a 50deg garage 2 kicks after sitting on trailer out in 10deg weather so im happy farr as that i went to start it to day the kicker wont grab put it in gear move it back and fourth and kicker will work sometimes is there any thing i can do with springs or will i have to split the cases to fix it and is this tranny going to hold up to me driving it like my 250r im a very aggressive driver but my main Q is the kicker and any other probs theese thing got
here is a pic she is clean :D

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w304/george1218/trike.jpg

bcredneck
03-04-2011, 03:23 AM
look in the world class help section it tells you how to fix the kicker you still got a good deal .
is that a honda line fender brace on there

trike rider 85
03-04-2011, 03:29 AM
yes it is i still have the headlight guard that came stock on it lol

200XMichigan
03-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Not sure how bad it is slipping but mine was slipping some of the time. If it doesn't slip when its warm and only does it when its cold you can usually just go to a lighter weight oil and that helps a ton. In the manual Honda actually recommended pretty light oil for winter temps.

Jerm1179
03-04-2011, 10:52 AM
bump start when cold:P and yes you need to split the case

dougspcs
03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Still a sweet machine..I am going to look at one in Port Huron on the weekend for $500 and it's a blue smoker. I will still probably buy it..'trike rider' the glass is still half full!! Condition looks good..no motor noise!

In fact if you decide not to take it on.. I will probably take it off your hand for what you paid. Provided you can get me title papers as I have to get it back to Sarnia.

Let me know. Doug

trike rider 85
03-04-2011, 11:55 PM
well i will heat the garage up and run the heater on it to see if the kicker works and i shot a email to the guy i got it from to find out what oil he used its getting warmer out here in michigan so i hope heat is the prob splitting the case is just work lol it wont be my first go around both my r and my 350x where missing gears when i bought them so i was just hopeing for a quick fix i have to put a clutch in it too she slips too been looking for a heavy duity one on ebay