PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket exhaust

98600xc
02-28-2011, 07:01 PM
I am looking to buy an exhaust system for my 185s and I have a few questions. Is the DG RCM a good pipe? Would an exhaust give my machine any sort of performance boost? Would I have to rejet my carb for the pipe? thanks

tri again
02-28-2011, 08:18 PM
? yes and yes

I have a cobra on an sx and there is NO way to make it quiet.
It's the one trike I need ear plugs to run.

Less exhaust restriction means more air flow so yes, to the jetting to provide more fuel.

There is tons of info on new pipes and jetting if you can get the search key to work for you.

I like to stay stock just for the off road police and spark arrestors and Db noise meters etc.

I wonder if the pipe manufacturers will actually mention HP increase?

Those carbs go off and on so easily compared to some others and you might have to do that a few times before it gets right unless
you find someone who has done the exact mods you're thinking of with the exact same parts.

Be careful and start soaking your exhaust studs with penetrant asap every day in case they have to come off.

lmandoka
02-28-2011, 08:20 PM
i have an rcm on my 225dx and its a terribly loud pipe, which doesnt make a real significant performance gain. Thats only my opinion though as i have never ran one on my atc 200. I run a dg type II from a Tri-z that i modded to fit.