PDA

View Full Version : 350x aftermarket axles

SonicTronics
02-27-2011, 11:12 PM
What are you all running for aftermarket axles or if you have some way of increasing the durability of a stocker? I have had mine for 2 rides, and it's the first 2 times I have ever been riding to give you an idea of my confidence level, and I bent the axle somehow. I was looking at the DuraBlue axles, but saw that they only offer the HD (6 month warranty) version. Are there other options? Thanks guys.

sittinguy
02-28-2011, 12:02 AM
You HAD to know when you bent the axle!... When I bent my stock axle, I caught a small tree running thru a trail.

Yes the Durablue is stronger, thats what i got, I am very happy with it.
But if you hit the same tree with a durablue,,, you might bend the bike.
I say go for the Durablue, stock axles are just as expensive or more, and if you find a good used one the splines are always worn some.

SonicTronics
02-28-2011, 12:17 AM
I guess somehow was a poor choice of words. I just meant that I wasn't trying anything crazy, I know when it bent. I was following some friends and tried shooting across a puddle and there was something hard in there, I went flying, trike not quite so far, it came to a much more abrupt stop.

I assume you have the HD (Heavy Duty) version of the durablue? Or were you able to find one of the two other versions? Also I have 4 inch wheel spacers (2+2) on there now that probably didn't help the cause any, but I was looking to go with the +4 axle and ditch the spacers. Do you have the standard width or the extended? Thanks.

sittinguy
02-28-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure if its HD, I've had this one many years. It is standard width.