PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Tri Moto 125

Ken.W
02-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Been searching this site for a couple of days and would like a little help in fixing a problem. My 125 was drinking more oil than gas so I tore it down and found the crankshaft seal had popped off, so I guess that fixes that problem, on down one to go.
The second problem is starting, the thing damn near breaks your hand everytime you pull the rope, I thought timing and figured I would find the key sheared off, but I found the key in good condition and the slot on the flywheel also in good condition. I tested the pickup and came up with 11 ohms. The manual says the pickup should be between 9 and 10 ohms. Is a reading of 11 ohms enough to cause the problems I have? I know 2 strokes do this sometimes, but I have been pull starting them for years and out of 30 pulls it might yank hard once, not every time.
My manual doesn't tell me how to test the ignition coil, meaning the primary and the secondary windings, it gives me the ohms but not where to place the leads. The way I am doing can't be right due to the readings I am getting.

Thanks
Ken

MonroeMike
02-28-2011, 12:09 AM
This help at all?