PDA

View Full Version : Honda 125m resto complete + 1 problem.

Holster
02-27-2011, 09:46 PM
125m, finished it yesterday, It was a beat up old farm trike when I got it, I put new piston, rings and had the bore machined. I spent hundreds of hours on it, I sanded and polished the head by hand. The levers are original, I bent them back into shape, sanded and polished them. The plastics where split both sides, I used a gas soldering iron and fusion welded them by hand and sanded them back. I drilled out the hubs to accomodate the new stud size. New carbie kit. sprokets, cables, brakes, bearings, paint, clutch..and much more.

O.k my problem, it surprisingly started very easily considering it's been 4 years, it idled quite well once I adjusted the carbie to best of my abilities but...it has only 120 psi compression, blows a bit of black smoke when reved and wants to quit when I rev or try to ride it, the plug was black when I checked it. I did ride it into the garage easily but it stalled when I stopped.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to be honest I set it up as good as I can already prior to starting, I thought everything was spot on and I can't think of anything that was not set properly. This is my first ever project.

mrcribbs
02-27-2011, 10:05 PM
First of all, very nice 125m!

2nd. I had a heck of a time with my idle and various carb issues. I ended up using a Moose brand carb kit and a new float from www.dratv.com . I also had to replace the spark advancer unit. The springs were old, stretched, and weak.