PDA

View Full Version : Champion Tecate frame (3tigers)

ange
10-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Hey 3tigers,
I am currently in contact w/ the guy who made the champion stuff. I was asking about the frames and he told me he only made ONE!! I was suprised, as I though that my frame may be one. He asked for pics w/ the fenders off.
I dont think my frame is a Champion after speaking w/ him, just one that someone painted white to mimick one.
Maybe you have the lone frame? If you could, take a pic and post it w/ the plastic off, I can have the guy figure out if it's the OG thing or not.

3tigers
10-14-2003, 08:10 PM
well i emailed the guy about the swingarms and told him i have a champion frame but i havent gotten a reply yet.im sure it is a champion frame i have because the guy i bought these 2 tecates from were into racing very much in the 80's,they had everything aftermaket that you could buy.his brother even had an 84' tecate that he trashed so much that he threw it out when he was done.ill let you know if i hear anything from him about the frame.

ange
10-14-2003, 09:31 PM
I hope you didn't say yes to his high priced NOS arms.

When he spoke to me, he didn't even know what they fit. Low ball the guy. Esp. since I was able to pick up a NOS CAL-FAB for $150 shipped (which I shared w/ him... his response was "the price is negtotiable"). I think we can all agree that a 4130 arm (although cool) is not the same as a CAL-FAB arm and therefor doesn't have the same inherent value.

BP
10-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Yea the guy contacted me about +2 Tecate swingarms made by Champion, It looked nice but it was for a 84 85 tecate and Im looking for a 86 --87. Also I want a swingarm at least +3

BP