PDA

View Full Version : Stuck again, dont know what to do..

Speedfreak89
02-27-2011, 10:52 AM
I got a 250sx I got spark, compression but no gas going to the motor. I cleaned the carb out and unstuck the floats but still no gas to the motor what do i try next??????

sittinguy
02-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Remove jets and spray cleaner through holes, inspect closely, reassemble. hope for the best.

Brockey
02-27-2011, 10:56 AM
So are you getting gas to the carb? Is the petcock plugged? Rust in tank?

CRAZY70MAN
02-27-2011, 11:01 AM
You really need to soak the carb disassembled to clean it right or ultasonically clean it which most of us have no access to. I use evaporust but other cleaners will work. Tear it completely apart and leave it soak for 1-2 days if possible. The passages should be ran thru with a very fine wire and blown with air and soaked again and repeat. You may want to consider a new needle and or a complete kit as it may look good to your eye, but they are a fine tuned metering device and it takes only a tiny flaw to have it stick closed or open. Do you have inline fuel filters??? Clean tank and petcock as well. Good luck

Speedfreak89
02-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Thank you everone for the advice im going to do that today. Yes i have a inline filter and yes i get gas to the carb but not motor so im going to clean it out.