PDA

View Full Version : Best 200X mods?

sx250heath
02-27-2011, 10:07 AM
My kick start just went on my 200X so i pant to mod the crap out it while it apart. Here is what i am thinking for mods. 6-speed XR trans,lightened flywheel, powroll stroker crank and big bore kit,stiffer clutch springs, aftermarket cam,bigger valves, stiffer valve springs and bigger carb.I already have a suppertrapp pipe.
What do you think of mods? Anyone have any suggestions

shortline10
02-27-2011, 11:03 AM
All sounds good except for the 6 speed tranny . Remember installing 6 gears were 5 used to be = thinners gears . If you plan on modding it the way you listed I don't recommend the xr tranny . The xr tranny was designed for a motorcycle rear tire not a heavy atc drive train . Also make sure you fix the kicker assembly correctly the first time around .
Good luck !!

ATCrider42
02-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Your going to have a lot of money wrapped up in that thing. Have you considered just buying a bigger bike?

sx250heath
02-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up shortline. I like the size and weight of the 200X pulse anything but bigreds are rare in my area (As far as trikes are concerned).

sittinguy
02-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Modified 200X's like to blow up, sadly to say. If it was me I would just go with a 11.5 compression piston, a nice new full exhast system. Spend the extra money on crank bearings, and things that give reliability.

muthey
02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
I remember my older brother had an xl 200 not sure how many gears were in that but maybe they were thicker than the xr , or maybe I'm just rambling, but I know that was an enduro type bike so I'd want to think it was more ruggedly built for on and off road driving

sx250heath
02-28-2011, 05:35 AM
I am redoing crank bearings bearings and just about everything (timing chain etc).

oscarmayer
02-28-2011, 09:47 AM
if you really want more power, let me know. i have a special maching shop that does special CNC valve and port and bowl work on these heads. you will want a 10.25:1 wiseco piston at a minimum but you could runt he 12:1. also you can get the thinner metal gasket from a xr230 and that will increase compression about .25-.5 compression ratio over standard thickness gasket.so a 10>25 wiseco woudl be close to an 11:1.

web makes some awesome stuff for them. get a stage-3 cam, web hard welded rockers, web springs, titaniumn retainers and keepers. Also web had larger valves for these,s o you can get them installed for even more performance from that machien shop.

if your interested let me know. i have a ton of palces to get stuff from including Foreiged CNced basket for the clutch.
oscar@mayer.net

WIkid500
02-28-2011, 12:29 PM
If you put new bearings in it when you send the crank off to Powroll you will have a reliable machine. I bought new OEM bearings and an OEM rod for my 200x when I sent everything to Powroll, the machine runs great. Never had a problem with reliability so far. I did all the same things you mentioned to my 85 200x without the xr gear box and it's a real blast to ride. Nice light wight machine with some good power to use on the trails. I went with the megacycle cam with the bearings on both sides, it's kind of expensive but it's a real sweet setup.

trashy250
02-28-2011, 12:39 PM
the xl will give you a good strong 6 speed....i also did my motor up alittle but got big problems with my kicker slipping ive read to undercut the kicker gears seems easy im in the process now ...think about it.. some one on here posted the thread idk how to do that so im sure some one will..good luck my x is a constant heart breaker with 2300 into her n im rippin the moror apart again to cut the kicker gears

rdlsz24
02-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Check out this old school article: http://200x.webs.com/documents/200xTopMods.pdf

Rob

sx250heath
02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the input