PDA

View Full Version : Checking out a 350x Saturday, what to look for

booblinker
02-25-2011, 01:44 AM
He said it has a running motor, and just need odds and ends, not sure of year, but he wants $350 for it, so I figure I can't go wrong, anything I should really be looking for? And Im excited to check it out cus he has a trike with a Honda 750 in it, maybe I'll get lucky and he'll let me ride it lol

bcredneck
02-25-2011, 02:06 AM
a pos motor is worth more than $350 no mater how bad the trike is its worth it

dcreel
02-25-2011, 02:06 AM
What bcredneck meant to say is to make sure it has brakes..

bcredneck
02-25-2011, 02:09 AM
i fixed my brakes just havent bothered getting fluid yet

sittinguy
02-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Check the frame on the left side above the foot peg.
If it runs good,, its worth $350.
It would be nice if the rear shock worked.

bcredneck
02-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Check the frame on the left side above the foot peg.
someone welded the crap out of that spot on mine is that a common problem on the 350X

Dirtcrasher
02-25-2011, 04:20 PM
^ VERY common until maybe 10/85 frames built for 86 with an extra gusset.

I'd wanna see a cold motor start and run it hard though the paces, even if just a safe straight line. Slip that hot clutch on purpose!

The seat post holes in the frame crack also, as well as Sitting Guy mentioned the motor mount about 5"s above the left footpeg. Look very carefully!!

Shake it all around looking for loose bearings and be sure to see if the chain ever came off, hit the left cover and got JB welded.

Just add up in your head what anything you find could cost in the long run and decide to justify it or not........

Brakes are easy to fix as well as fork seals. You want a clean quiet running motor with no smoke! The underside tells the story of how and where it's been ran.

When I was young, I didn't do enough testing and found many more issues once I got it home. Just be smart, and don't appear so anxious; It's better to quietly point out the small defects or missing parts and get the price negotiated down.............

atc350xer
02-25-2011, 05:03 PM
What bcredneck meant to say is to make sure it has brakes..

:lol: :lol: :lol: