PDA

View Full Version : HJC Helmet Question

MNATC
02-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Since putting on the mudders on the big red, she bites and digs like nobody's business. I've got experience with full face helmets on my street bike, but have never bought an off road helmet. I tried on the bell's and HJC's and really like the HJC. It has the room that I can still wear my glasses and fits right. But, now I'm trying to decide which model to get. Anyone have any opinions on these models? I'm guessing they are the same thing, it's just graphics that are different. Do they vent ok? Overall quality, any ups/downs on them?

HJC CS-MX Thrust
HJC CS-MX Blizzard

Is there any difference in helmet, or is it all just difference in graphics? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, all my helmets are full face AGV's and have never bought a off-road helmet.

clutchcargo
02-22-2011, 12:44 PM
I had an HJC off-road model and liked it a lot. The shells are probably the same between the different models, but you most likely get better features on the more expensive models. Better venting, padding or graphics. I switched brands only because I wanted something different after I cracked my old HJC up when my bike ran me over :). But it did save my head!

MNATC
02-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the info!