PDA

View Full Version : 84/85 tecate

tecatecrazy
10-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Just thought I would let you guys know (for those of you who dont already) that a 03 rapter shock will fit your tecates. One fall back though is you will need to remove your air box. so far I only know that it will fit, I dont know about the performance yet as I have not thoroughly tested it. there might be a problem with the attached cannister hitting the swingarm on hard landings, but I jumped up and down on the rear of mine (kinda paints a funny picture, dont it) and could not get it to hit. I'll keep ya posted. later---Joe 8)

Yamaha_Rules69
10-08-2003, 10:53 PM
What an upgrade that would be to have a brand new raptor shock on a Tecate! You'll have to let us know how it is on jumps, handling, etc. How much did you pay for one of those? I bet they run a high dollar, but are far more superior to the "bouncy ball" tecate shock. (dont ask me, my neighbor came up with the saying, he owns a 400ex) lol

tecatecrazy
10-08-2003, 10:58 PM
picked it up of ebay for $80. dont spend your money yet though. let me be your guinea pig. It seems like it will work well with my weight cause its a tad on the stiff side. I weigh about 230# with my riding gear.---Joe 8)

Yamaha_Rules69
10-08-2003, 11:03 PM
okay, let me know how it works sometime, so I can have an idea about what to do with my crappy suspension. Thanx again. )

BP
10-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Some guy contacted me that has a few 84-84 extended swingarm new old stock. They wont fit my 86, so if you guys are interested I can get you in contact with him. They are Champion brand and are +2's

ange
10-11-2003, 06:22 PM
BP,

that's Bud from Champion. I have been trying to negotiate w/ him on those arms. He wants waaaay too much money for them. especially since he has been sitting on them for 20 years, and doesn't even know what they will fit.

BigGreenMachine
07-15-2004, 02:55 PM
So what does the Raptor shock ride like in these machines? Does everything bolt in with some new spacers and did that canister ever make contact with your swinger? Please get back to me on this one as soon as you can and if you could PM me pics of it together I'd be greatfull.

BigGreenMachine
07-18-2004, 12:49 AM
So I got the 03 Raptor shock bought and luckily its one that the res is seperate from the shock so I can mount it out of the way of the swinger. I'll let y'all know how it works at a later date.