PDA

View Full Version : i need help with my honda 200x

gxmspeed
02-20-2011, 07:29 PM
i was told that the bike needed a major overhaul reason being that when i got the bike it was very hard for me to start. paid and got it done and problem solved but when i try to restart it after i stall, forget about it. i have to wait for it to cool before i can go again. brought the bike in a second time for starting issues. problem fix i was told it was the stator. i got the bike back rode it and it started a popping noise and i was told that intake manifold was old and cracking. he sealed it with some sort of epoxy and i got it back rode it once not hard but the second time it started to pop again and now no spark from the plug whatsoever . i would greatly appreciate some help. this bike is a 1983 honda 200x

3wheelrider
02-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the site!-I'm in miami too.
Man.....really,-it sounds like you need another mechanic. Does he normally work on many 3 wheelers? Sounds like he maybe making matters worse. That bike is gonna have to be inspected carefully for sure. LMK- I'm close by...:lol:

oscarmayer
02-21-2011, 10:55 AM
in my sig is a link to download a factory servie manual. it tells you how to troubelshoot and repair the bike.

sounds like he did something wrong with the wiring or stator.

SeaBass8
02-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Also if your intake is cracked I'd replace it not rig it. Just sayin. Ebay or in the classifieds here.