PDA

View Full Version : yamaha tri-moto!

83honda
02-17-2011, 09:10 AM
i might be buying 2 yamaha tri moto 125 this weekend one needs a clutch and the other needs a piston and rings i will be payin 150 for the pair do you guys think i should buy them???:TrikesOwn

200XMichigan
02-17-2011, 10:53 AM
I would grab them, the YT's are so fun. Super light and really peppy. A 2 stroke 3 wheeler you can usually grab for under $200, I think they are awesome. And you can tow with them. Other than the Polaris Scrambler (which most people will never see) the little YT125/175 are the only 2 stroke trike that can also be used for utility. I can't say enough good things about them. I got a YT175 and it is so fun. Took it out on some snow covered sand dunes.

Trikeboss
02-17-2011, 11:22 AM
I used to have a yt 125 I had a blast on it...I would get another one for sure...my yt125 was snappy since it was soo light and 2 stroke...

83honda
02-17-2011, 11:32 AM
thanks guys i am gonna go get them saturday and ad 2 more wheelers to my collection these will be my first yamahas i hope i am not disappointed. and does anyone know where i can get parts for them?

200XMichigan
02-17-2011, 11:44 AM
I always check bikebandit, they are pretty good. Depends on where you live, I love my small town dealerships and have had no problems with them looking up parts and they give me good prices. Seems like dealerships in bigger cities get enough business they do not care about keeping customers happy who just want a few parts for some old toys. It's always worth comparing their prices to online, also any aftermarket sled or ATV shop will have a supplier who can get a lot of aftermarket parts. If you got good places locally its always worth giving them a chance.

The condensed service manual for the YT125/YT175 is in oscarmayer's sig. along with tons of other trike manuals.