PDA

View Full Version : Pull to kick start question

JulieHellCat
10-07-2003, 11:06 PM
Hey just wondering how hard it is goin to be to change over a pullstart to a kick start ..well if any of you have done it..also wonderin about a electric start maybe though unsure...just got it runnin nice other then the pull isnt catchin till halfway figurein its worn down

ejc042
10-08-2003, 08:25 AM
I had a pull start on my ATC70 that did not grab till you pulled most of the way. I took it of and used WD40 to clean it up and it helped loosen everything up. It worked good after that.

JulieHellCat
10-08-2003, 03:46 PM
yeah we did take it apart and look it over and tryed cleaning it up but the poor things so old and hasnt been messed with inyears...thank god i got it mostly figured out but i was thinkin changeing it to a kick at the most ..sick of busting knuckles on a kickback. but last night i yanked it one to many times the pull came out thus back to takeing it apart.....tho i did alittle change the pulls got a hurst shifter grip now much easer on the hands..but thanks i'll try cleaning it up some more..other wise i got alot of stuff to do on it..i'll live i got tons of time to get that puppy runnin sweet

Howdy
10-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Something I do for pullstarters is to use about 6 foot ( or as much that will fit ) of rope for the pullstarter. This eliminates pulling it too far and pulling the rope out. ;)
Howdy

JulieHellCat
10-10-2003, 03:27 PM
:D sounds like a plan heh.But hopefuly i can get it changed to a kickstart ..be easyer on me
But i gotta keep my atv buddies away from it...their plotin stuff behind my back...they trying to talk me into puttin a shee motor in it.
their like you will have your kick start then heh...thats cool and all but this motor's perfectly fine other then the bloody pullstart issue

bigred110
10-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Putting a shee motor in a TRI-MOTO, I don't know about that. I can see a blaster motor in it with a 265 big bore kit :twisted:

JulieHellCat
10-10-2003, 11:47 PM
:D It's their plotin..seemingly i lost control off what go's on with my wheeler..but i said hey you buyin i am down to try it
Otherwise i will just deal with what i got...wich seemingly after tonights fun of tryin to figure out the issues of it has made me alittle insaine

so anyone got any time to spare let me know