PDA

View Full Version : 1 Fail and 1 success

Tecate Karl
02-14-2011, 08:34 PM
well I will start with the fail I've been working on my tecate for what feels like forever and well I got it to run then it died and come to find out the fly wheel bolt loosened for some reason it was torqued and then on top of that the fly wheel feel off any other tecate guys have that issue. Now to the success I worked on the 81r for about 30min I was told the cdi was bad well come to find out there was a cut wire so some fresh oil a carb rebuild and just a touch of starting fluid and it ran mint first kick every time now and the best part only paid 250 for the r.

2fiftyR
02-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Thats the exact same thing sombody did to my 81. Took me longer than 30 minutes to find, but I dont know why people cut wires when all you have to do is unplug the connector! I dont know much about tecates but from what I read that seems to be a fairly common problem

dcreel
02-14-2011, 09:58 PM
With an 84-85 Tecate Loctite is your friend...

Tecate Karl
02-14-2011, 09:59 PM
thanks doug you think that should solve the problem

dcreel
02-14-2011, 10:25 PM
thanks doug you think that should solve the problem

It definitely should. I'd check to make sure the bolt isn't bottoming out (correct bolt), and the correct washer is under the head of the flywheel bolt with some Loctite on it. With the Loctite it shouldn't move unless there is another issue.