PDA

View Full Version : Is a 200x an interference motor?

booblinker
02-14-2011, 02:47 AM
Threw the timing chain on a 200x, fixed the timing chain, and still no compression, like 0 psi, did I bend a valve, or out a hole in the piston possibly?

cr480r
02-14-2011, 03:25 AM
yes.. .

ATCrider42
02-14-2011, 10:57 AM
what exactly do you mean "threw" the chain? Like it snapped apart while you were riding it? You should be a litle more specific if you want some good advice. Also you need to post some pics of your engine. romoving just your cylinder head isn't too tough. Just read the manual and remove the head and take a look. Most likely though yes you bent your valves and will need a new piston and head rebuilt.

Dirtcrasher
02-14-2011, 11:49 AM
yes......................

booblinker
02-15-2011, 02:34 AM
Chain came off, put a new chain on and still no compression, chain came off due to the spring on the bottom of the case being bent, and not keeping the timing chain tight, I am assuming something really bad happened and caused all of this. It is actually by buddies motor, I tried to get him to take it all the way apart since he already had the timing chain and cam off, but he though it was fine, guess he has to take the motor back out and see what other damage he did.

rdlsz24
02-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Only way to know for sure is to take it apart. Probably at least bent one or both valves, who knows what other carnage occurred.

Rob

hillbilly 200x
02-15-2011, 01:40 PM
take the rocker covers off see if there is space between the valve and rocker arm if there is alot os space then you bent a valve if there is no space then there is other problems. hop this helps.

oscarmayer
02-15-2011, 01:49 PM
I will bet $ the valves are bent and you'll be lucky if the piston dosnt; have a very big dent in it from hitting the valves. Also typically wheny ou bend valves on these heads like that, you end up cacking the guides. so check them as well.