PDA

View Full Version : 85 200x swing arm

kjosh1982
02-08-2011, 09:47 PM
I was trying to get a swing arm off of the trike and the front bolt will not move. I have a shop manual but it didn't help, How do you get the damn bolt to move?
I am pretty darn mad right now.
I have to replace a adjustment bolt, I am about to cut the bolt on the inside of the frame and pay a machine shop to make a new one

any help would be appreciated
Thanks Josh

bcredneck
02-08-2011, 09:57 PM
it was probly never greased so the rust is holding it in even if you cut it it will be a huge pain in the @$$ dont cut it just hammer the f*** out of it and use tons of wd40

kjosh1982
02-08-2011, 09:59 PM
I used an air hammer and and a sledge neither moved it, not even a hair

350XJEDI
02-08-2011, 10:03 PM
:naughty:heat and beat,plus some .:twisted: pb blaster. you will need a new bolt when done. be patient its not a quick thing ,good luck:D

Macs
02-08-2011, 10:03 PM
I have cut the bolt but as BC said, they can be heck to get the remains out unless you have access to a press. The best thing I have found is to use duct tape and plastic to build a tub around the whole bolt area. You want to cover both ends. I use on blaster and feel it up till the bolt is completely submerged. After a few days it will come out. I have done this the last few times and it works great. Just messy.

bcredneck
02-08-2011, 10:26 PM
see if you can spin it with a impact wrench with someone pushing it thru on the other side

bcredneck
02-08-2011, 11:27 PM
if that dont work and you get desperate try to shoot the bolt with a rifle its competly unsafe and retarded but i dont see it staying in there after getting hit with a bulet edit: im not searios

ailll1
02-08-2011, 11:43 PM
if that dont work and you get desperate try to shoot the bolt with a rifle its competly unsafe and retarded but i dont see it staying in there after getting hit with a bulet

^^That won't help improving your reputation... :rolleyes:

bcredneck
02-09-2011, 01:34 AM
i was kidding thats why i said it was unsafe and retarded

RodKnockRacing
02-09-2011, 09:16 AM
I had the same problem i had to cut mine out then the rest came out easy.

kjosh1982
02-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I am going to spend all weekend working on it, I got my new plastics, handle bars, chain, adjustment bolts, new paints and exhaust . We rebuilt the engine, wiring harness, carburetor. All I need to do is replace the adjustment bolts on both side. and I can't do it

dc8fixer
02-12-2011, 01:24 AM
i like macs idea! Try that. I beat and spun mine out with great difficulty. keep soaking it and put your nut on the end if you smack it. If you do get it to come out a bit spray it again and beat it back in, then out, over and over. Lastly don't forget Newton's law "for every action there is a equal and opposite reaction" So back up the other side of the frame with something heavy when your beating on the other end.