PDA

View Full Version : What are these forks off from?? See Pics - QUICK!!!

350x'inNY
10-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Hey.... saw these forks for sale. I asked the seller and he said they came off an ES but they were not stock and doesn't know what they came from. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am thinking 350X from the fork pictures... 350X was the only Honda with a leading front axle right??? or are they something else?

He is also selling this front rim/axle/hub/rotor. I am assuming off the same bike. I was thinking 200X off that pic, cause the brake was on the 'Rt' of the bike. But he probably just has it upside down. :rolleyes:

However, the fork/triple tree pic show the brake on the Lt side like a 350X.

Thanks! The auction ends in the morning! So help me out quick!!! ;)
Bruce

P.S. -- I send another question to the seller.... told him to look on the brake caliper/rotor for 'HA5' and at the 'SHOWA' stickers on the tire side of the forks. I know my SHOWA stickers say 'HA5' in small print on them. Since the aucxtion ends soon, I'm not sure if he'll see it or not.

Yamaha_Rules69
10-06-2003, 09:30 PM
They look almost like 250SX forks, but I may be wrong. The front tire looks fat ?

350x'inNY
10-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Some further info..... It's not from an ES or a 250SX... because....

The ad says the tire size is 23.5 X 8.00-11 which is the same on my X, and the R's.... the ad also refers to a brake disc and I think the Big Reds and 250SX's had drums brakes on the front.

Thanks again!
Bruce

Lots_Of_Nothing
10-06-2003, 10:01 PM
i am 99.9% sure that they are 1984 250R forks......

350x'inNY
10-06-2003, 10:05 PM
I thought someone said that the 350X was the only one with a leading axle? :? Or does he have the bottom of the forks switched around? I am soooooooo hoping these are 350X forks! Spares are always nice to have! ;)

Bruce

KASEY
10-06-2003, 10:30 PM
that wheel and tire are 83-85 200x,,,,,,,,,,, plastic brake rez leads me to 83- 85 200x tooo

Lots_Of_Nothing
10-06-2003, 10:32 PM
the front forks are switched around, people did this to make the front end come out more, to help stop wheely-ing

350x'inNY
10-06-2003, 11:40 PM
On further review.... I'm still confused...

The left one (in pic) has a 'dot' under the axle mount... looks like a drain plug which would be on the back. The right one (in pic) has the part the axle screws into... facing out it looks hollow, so I'm sure that would be 'normally' on the inside. Didn't think about the resevoir!

BUT..... If you look at the Left one in the pic, you can see the 'flat bump' stop that is correctly facing the tire. Hard to tell on the Right one with the brake line... soooooo.... that would contradict what is above. :?

I hope the guy replys with what's written under the little 'SHOWA' sticker..(my 350X says HA5 on it, which is the 350X part code). ..

Does the triple tree give any of you guys a hint???

Thanks again,
Bruce

ATCnut
10-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Im with 250rmad, the front wheel and hub are definatly 83-85 200x, and the plastic brake resivor also says the same.

86350X
10-07-2003, 01:57 AM
I don't know what there for but not an 86 350X

350x'inNY
10-07-2003, 06:48 AM
Thanks guys..... I guess I'll pass on them then. They will make someone great parts for their 200X!

The guy didn't list them very well, so they are going for dirt cheap. I was just hoping they were for 350X :?

No matter how cheap they are, I guess if they don't work on your bike, it's still not a bargain.

Bruce

Jeb
10-07-2003, 09:06 AM
It's easy to tell. Look where the caliper is mounted. It's right above the axle thread boss. This proves they are "turned around" trailing axle forks. On true leading axle forks, like the Tecate, 350x, and hundreds of dirt bikes, the caliper mounts on the opposite side of the fork tube from the axle thread boss, to keep the caliper behind the fork.

:-D

Howdy
10-07-2003, 09:34 AM
It's easy to tell. Look where the caliper is mounted. It's right above the axle thread boss. This proves they are "turned around" trailing axle forks. On true leading axle forks, like the Tecate, 350x, and hundres of dirt bikes, the caliper mounts on the opposite side of the fork tube from the axle thread boss, to keep the caliper behind the fork.

:-D

Dam, good eye Jeb!!! From the looks of them myself I was thinking 200x. I didn't notice the caliper mounts.
/me throws Jeb a Cookie for seeing that. ;) lol
Howdy

350x'inNY
10-07-2003, 06:26 PM
I ended up bidding anyhow.... I got that front hub/rim/tire/rotor for $10.50!! The tire looked brand new and I could atleast use that on my 350X!

Today was my first day fulltime teaching, so I just missed the front forks. Since they weren't 350x's I tossed a bid of $38.89 and I rushed around and someone bid after me and got it for $39.89. Why do people end auctions during the day when people are working!!!

That was a heck of a deal someone got though.... forks, triple tree, front brake calipars, lever, and rez!!! all for under $40!!! ..... I knew I should have checked again as I was going out the door! I bid with 4hrs remaining, and the guy bid like 5 minutes after I did! :rolleyes:

Man... if I'd won the fork auction, I would have had a complete 200X front end for under $50, WITH the brakes! :shock:

Thanks again for all the info, I would have bid a lot higher if they were 350X Forks and would have been :? and :evil: when I got them!

Bruce