PDA

View Full Version : New Front Axle Nuts?

79fordblake
02-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Anybody know where I can get front axle nuts for a 81 185s? Mine are all beat up and half the pieces are broke off where the cotter key is supposed to go to hold it from backing off.
I have already been to many hardware stores nobody has it. They have a 12mm but the wrong thread pitch.
The local Honda dealer wants 20.00 for two of them. I didn't know a customer was responsible for paying shipping when they order something? I told them I would have to go somewhere else before I would pay that.

tx200m
02-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Ya, there only like 3.25 each. You might try Mason city honda in Iowa. I ordered a 200x headlight bulb from them, and they didnt charge me a dime for shipping. I dont know if it was a mistake on their part, but I recommend them fo sho.

79fordblake
02-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Well I went and ordered them from Mason City Honda. Got an email saying I will get another email to tell me weather or not the ordered can be completed. I hope so, it shouldn't be on their website if they cant get it.

My local Honda dealer is a joke. They jack the prices up almost 3 times more than they should and when you tell them you want to get parts for an ATC they don't care to help you out. They act like it is a waste of their time to look up parts for a old machine.

tx200m
02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
I usually look stuff up on service hondas website... the nuts seem to be available. If its disc, they seem to always state it on the parts fiche.

Our local honda dealer sucks too, tried to jack me on a Foreman manual.