PDA

View Full Version : Maier Fenders Support SUCK! (RANT)

scottytohotty48
02-07-2011, 06:12 PM
:lol:Heres the story. I bought a set of fenders for my 250r frount and back and the back ones got a crack in them. I contacted maier they said take a picture and send it to us and we would be more than welcome to send you a replacement so I take several photos and send them to maier. They respond with thanks now please include your bill of sale when you ship your cracked fenders to us at our factory and we will inspect them and send you a new set. As I live in canada shipping costs more than the fenders themselves. So I say that I cant ship them and that I was told to just take a photo and this is what Maier sends back...

I fully understand the cost of shipping. My company would be sending you a fender on our dime to Canada. The conditions of our warranty have always been that we need to inspect the product for defect. If you are certain that this is a manufactures defect you are more than welcome to cut your fender up so it will ship in a smaller box. Be sure the damaged area is included and intact for the inspection.

:mad: It’s important that you include your dated sales receipt other wise your warranty can not be processed.

Jason Maier
Maier Manufacturing, Inc.
416 Crown Point Circle
Grass Valley, CA 95945
800-336-2437 toll free
530-272-9036 ext. 210
530-272-4306 fax

What a bunch of Bullshit! Anyone who buys maier fenders, dont count on the warranty because there customer service is Crap! Maier truely doesnt stand behind there products.

Kfx-xc-racer88
02-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Cut it up!!!!!! Lol

dcreel
02-07-2011, 06:22 PM
It sounds to me like they are at least trying to work with you.. They will ship a new fender back to you on their dime. It sounds to me like they are standing behind their product. It just sucks that you live in Canada making the shipping more expensive.

rdlsz24
02-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Is it possible it was damaged during shipping?

Rob

Dirtcrasher
02-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Move from Canada........

They seem to be trying to help, how do you think the guys overseas feel?

the great gazoo
02-07-2011, 07:12 PM
I'd definitely cut 'em up & send 'em back, sounds like they just want to see for themselves what got damaged.

Mosh
02-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Did you lose your receipt?

blkstangman88
02-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Send em a brownie with it

Macs
02-07-2011, 08:47 PM
This has happened to me. Just cut around the crack and put it in an envelope. That is it! To me that is being nice. Alot of companies would make you return the whole item for a replacement. I really don't understand the problem?

350Xccelerator
02-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Well to me it actually sounds like theyre trying to be as helpful as they can......

fabiodriven
02-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Easy gunpowder. That doesn't sound like all that bad of a deal to me. How about you calm down before you make the whole trike community out to be a bunch of bitches.

HuffieVA
02-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Sounds to me like you should be pissed at the post office, I see your from Ontario, depending on what part you could make a run to Buffalo / Niagara Falls and ship them stateside....

scottytohotty48
02-07-2011, 09:30 PM
It's not te shipping that pisses me of it's that tey told me all they needed was a picture and I took several along with a scanned receipt

dream3wheeler
02-07-2011, 10:28 PM
cut it up, send it in the cheapest way possible, and then use the cracked fenders as your trail riding fenders so that if for some reason you hit something or it gets scratched up you'll have the other set for show.

cr480r
02-07-2011, 11:12 PM
they are just making sure you arent trying to scam them out of a second set of fenders... It standard practice when returning an item to send it back rather its usable or not... You dont send your steak or pizza back after you ate it.. Or get a refund on a pair of pants and wear the old ones home.. Cut that thing up, stuff it in a small box, and they'll surely send you a new set...