PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a GoPro camera buyer's guide?

Dammit!
02-05-2011, 04:43 PM
I get asked about them enough that I was thinking about doing a write up. Complete with samples of raw video. There's three different models out now along with a bunch of accessories. If enough people think they'd get some benefit out of it I might throw something together.

I've even thought about an editing tutorial but that would probably take more time than I have to spare these days.

Backfire
02-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Always wanted one. trike came first though so I drilled a hole in my visor and screwed a cheap video camera in.
Write up would be nice, though.

Vealmonkey
02-05-2011, 05:24 PM
I would be interested in a write up with honest pros and cons from a respected member.

Bryan Raffa
02-05-2011, 06:49 PM
just bought a go pro wide non hd ... for my first one! cant wait to get it!!!!!

Billy Golightly
02-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Yes...please do Doug. Seriously thinking about trying to squeeze one into the budget before the Invasion but I'm not sure.

jays375
02-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Have you done anything with your Mac yet with your Go Pro videos?

buck
02-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I bought one about 4 weeks ago. Just ordered the new LCD screen for it last week too.

Would you be open to me sending you a PM about some technical questions I have? I've searched and searched for the answers to my questions but have yet to find them. I even joined a GoPro users forum yesterday in hopes of finding what I'm looking for. My next step is calling them.

Buck

Dammit!
02-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Go for it Buck. You can ask in here as well. Maybe somebody else is running into the same thing.

Jays375: I've only done one 3 wheeler vid on my Mac so far. I would have done at least two more by now but my truck has been in the shop for over five weeks. Really eating into dune season. The only one I've done wasn't anything special. Just a learning exercise. First time using the GoPro HD and first time using Adobe Premiere to edit with as well. I've figured out a few more things since then so the next ones will be better.

Edit: to watch in HD you have to go to the actual youtube link and turn on the HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn4GZkT7pKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn4GZkT7pKI

jays375
02-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Well I installed Snow Leopard and now Iphoto is all messed up when doing movies.I missed your newest video,it was another good one.Was looking at your other videos and got a kick out of the Canibal Corpse videos.Might have to dig out my Tomb of the Mutalated.Haven't listened to that in a long time.

Xowner
02-05-2011, 08:57 PM
yes do it doug id be intrested in it too! i got to find a cord so i can try to download the new firmware to use the 8Mb cards

Dammit!
02-05-2011, 10:01 PM
It's already almost done minus the screenshots and movie samples.

TatTooL23
02-06-2011, 12:41 AM
i have a Go Pro HD. they r amazing i totally recommend them. i edit with iMovie '09 on my apple computers. i have just done snowmobile stuff, fairly simple and quick. i have not really gotten into too much over the top editing. check it out, i have some on youtube. again these r snowmobile vids because i just got it and there is tons of snow, i will have many 3 wheeler vids as soon as the weathers gets here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O61TGiecJq0

buck
02-06-2011, 01:43 AM
I think I answered my questions tonight while playing around. I could not for the life of me get iMovie to upload the file directly from the GoPro or my card reader. I opted to put the movie on my desktop and tried moving to iMovie from there. For some reason the worked fine. That was what I intended to ask about.

I've had the Mac for almost two years now and haven't played much at all with iMovie. Something tells me I'll just have to figure out the editing part on my own. ;)

Buck

TatTooL23
02-06-2011, 12:32 PM
i upload right from the GoPro to iMovie. you plug in the GoPro, it shows as an external hard drive on the desktop. leave that icon alone. then open iMovie, and u can "import from camera" It then open a seperate window where it will show u all clips on the camera and u can check the ones u want to import.

I use iMovie '09. editing is easy to use and a lot of cool built in effects and tools.