PDA

View Full Version : Tecate blemished tank skin.

hang&rattle
02-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Not real fancy, but an improvement, especially for the cost. Just plopped it on, haven't messed with fitting it yet.

HuffieVA
02-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Hang,
Those things work wonders, I got my fist one with a Tecate, and I just got another green and a white (2'nds) from eBay like you, the price couldn't be beat...

dcreel
02-04-2011, 11:30 PM
For the price they can't be beat. I got a blem too, and am very happy with it. No place for a zip tie but I think the gas cap and the seat will do that just fine.

hang&rattle
02-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Mines got a gouge in it on the opposite side and a hole on each side. That's why I was wonderin': zip-tie?

HuffieVA
02-05-2011, 12:42 AM
i didn't get anything like the first picture (IMO that looks like a 3'rd not a 2'nd. but the wholes are for zip ties

D-dub
02-05-2011, 12:53 AM
It looks really good man!......In the first pic up top I cant even tell its a skin!

Xowner
02-05-2011, 01:12 AM
use some double sided tape to hold them down. they have the 3m stuff used on cars to hold trim pannels on, Good stuff

eyecekold1
02-05-2011, 01:28 AM
I have a white one coming in the mail from ebay. I'll post up pics when it gets here. I'm hoping its decent.

hang&rattle
02-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks, I was trying to figure out something to suck it down, It sticks out a inch on the back side. I was concidering that 3M Super77 spray-on glue, but didn't know how well in the cold with the gas fume penetration and all, it'd hold, thanks Xowner, saved me some $ havin' to experiment. I know this was cheap, how well fitting was the $80 one Huffie? Just kinda lookin' at the 'american made' quality here. As dcreel got a shotty plastic tank and over $80 for a couple square feet of plastic on the skin, I'm concerned with quality we're recieving for our Tecate's (which the skin for the money this is an o.k. deal, but really doesen't even fit my tank).

HuffieVA
02-05-2011, 01:41 PM
The one I have that came with one of my Tecates fits very good, I don't have anything holding it one except the gas cap and the pressure from the seat and it has never went anywhere (even during a fairly violent high-side it stayed put) I haven't tried the ones I just got yet, I'm hoping for the best