PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting a 200x

Tri-Z Pilot
10-06-2003, 01:36 AM
I am used to riding a yamaha blaster, and thought about getting a four stroke trike just to play around on. I want something that is about the same in power as a yamaha blaster but four stroke. I have never rode a 200x, but my first bike was a 250sx, and I wonder how close a 200x feels to that. I am sure a 200x would smoke a 250sx, but I am not really looking for a rocket (already have tri-z 250), I just want a small light four stroke that is really good for woods and firetrails,and wheelies easy. If anybody could give give me some feedback on how a 200x handles it would be greatly appreciated.

MountainRider
10-06-2003, 08:29 AM
The 200x handles pretty well in the woods and on trails, but if you're going to do a lot of "steep" riding, you'll have to gear it down a bit so you don't have to stay in the throttle on the uphills. I've found that an 11 tooth sprocket off a 185 works well for that. As far as parts availability, you'd probably be better off going with an 83-85 model.

If you want a serious woods machine, I'd go with a 350x. I've not owned one, but everything I've heard and read indicates that it has plenty of low end for the hills, and plenty of top end for the open fireroads.

200Xtreme
10-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Yes I agree with mountainrider, the 200x sounds like what you need. Like he said an 11 tooth sprocket works good for woods/ trail.( or run 20" tires) I think you would be happy with the X.

Yamaha_Rules69
10-06-2003, 09:27 PM
My 85' 200x works great for woods riding. The thing I like about it is the lightness, you can really manuver it around in tight spaces. They arent speed demons, and I'm pretty sure a blaster would smoke it in a race. They handle pretty decent on a track and jumps as well (especially if you are under 200 lbs, I weigh 180 and can bottom the shocks easily on the bigger stuff) All and all, its a very balanced out and fun machine to say the least. I would greatly consider getting one for your riding style. They are also very reliable for an air cooled machine. )