PDA

View Full Version : Should I do it??? 350x Question

dlgorie@yahoo.c
02-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Haven't been on here in awhile..... Anyways I still have the mint mint '85 350x. I was thinking of putting a durablue axle & an Aftermarket exhaust system on it just for shits and giggles. My question is do you think this is a good idea or not? I have the cash but was just wondering if it would help or hurt the value of my bike. It's all original including the tires & a 10 out of 10.

350XJEDI
02-01-2011, 11:52 AM
:Dits always possible to put the stock parts back on later or include with the sale .:naughty:

bcredneck
02-01-2011, 12:17 PM
do it then one you sell it the original parts will be in better shape cause you didnt use them pluse alot of people will pay more if the trike is pimped out

ironchop
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM
leave it alone.....any trike that`s a ten out of ten with original tires needs left alone. If you are riding it and want a wider axle and better exhaust, fine....but it ain`t gonna stay that nice if you`re riding it alot. If you`re not riding it alot, then what`s the point of adding that stuff? In my opinion, you never get back what you invested ($$$) in any ATV when you add aftermarket goodies so if the purpose is only to make the value higher or more appealing, you`re gonna lose some cash.

I would buy another 350 and put the axle and exhaust on that one and keep the minty one minty

captainweezy
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
leave it alone. If I had my choice between tricked out or stock and being a perfect 350x I would want a stock trike. My opinion

Bretmd94
02-01-2011, 05:09 PM
That is a nice 350x. You can always put the stock stuff back on. It would be worth swapping out some of the rare parts probably. The front tire is worth a couple hundred, the rear fenders would probably grab you up around $1,000, The Seat, another 350 (these are all estimated guesses, could be more or less). Those main parts can easily be ruined with heavy riding, it would be worth it to some to buy maiers, a different front tire, and a different seat with a cover. The bike would still look good but you could put the rare stuff on the shelf... in the dark preferably.

It all depends how you feel about the trike really. I know if I had lots of money I would ride mint trikes only. I don't but I still took my US-90 out and rode the crap out of it on some of the rarest three wheeler tires out there.

Trikes are meant to be enjoyed, they are made to be ridden. I know I would ride that beast in the dunes.

dlgorie@yahoo.c
02-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the replies, I don't ride it but maybe once a month around the yard, just to keep the juices flowing :). I've always liked the way those durablue axles looked on 350x's. I'm prob gonna keep this trike forever anyways, might as well make it the way I like it. I think I'm gonna go for it.

yooperman
02-02-2011, 12:53 AM
that would kill me to have a trike or any rec vehicals for that matter and just have it be a garage queen and only time it runs/ or moves is once a month or long just to keep everything lubed or what not. even if it was mint of the mint she would get rode, especailly if paid good money for it. and just like the previous posts said i would take some of the rare aparts of. its like when some one buys a truck and puts a life and mud tires on them get it all tricked out for mudding but dont leave the black top roads.

dirtwheels
02-03-2011, 12:33 AM
If its what you want to try then go for it. You can always put the stock parts back on. You can set up another complete rear-end so its literally just pull the swingarm bolt, disconnect the brake and swap it. This way, your axle nuts and bearing carrier will stay mint with no marks on them. just my .02

dlgorie@yahoo.c
02-03-2011, 12:35 AM
I do ride it, I just don't beat the snot out of it bro.

beets442
02-03-2011, 12:51 AM
My sig>>>>>>>>>>>

Hoosier_Daddy
02-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the replies, I don't ride it but maybe once a month around the yard, just to keep the juices flowing :). I've always liked the way those durablue axles looked on 350x's. I'm prob gonna keep this trike forever anyways, might as well make it the way I like it. I think I'm gonna go for it.

Well, there's your answer bro. If don't plan on selling it you might as well do what makes you happy.