PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha tri-moto question

Colty-bear
01-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Ok i have a yamaha ytm 125 and i have one simple question. I need to replace the coil so i can run the spark plug wire to the plug. I have taken the pull cord off to find the magneto. But i can get it off? We have pryed and tried everything do you know how to get it off? please help. Thank you.
This is the peice

MonroeMike
01-31-2011, 07:49 PM
From the manual.

200XMichigan
01-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Mike do you have the YT125 service manual?

Chazz of Blades
01-31-2011, 09:01 PM
^ Seconded, I'm in need of a manual for an 85 125 Tri-Moto.

cox
01-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Cool, more YT owners.....:D

Chazz of Blades
01-31-2011, 09:29 PM
I love my 125, it was fully rebuilt, .30 over, with a wiseco piston, and then immediately stored for 11 years. I put some gas in it, and it cranked and idled on the second pull, it runs circles around my 200es.

200XMichigan
02-01-2011, 10:06 AM
I've got the YT175 service manual if you guys want or need it. Send me a pm wth you e-mail address, also have to condensed service data for the YT125 but not the full manual. The YT's are an awesome little trike. They do just a bit of everything, got your 2 stroke pep, super light, but you can still tow with them.

Colty-bear
02-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Ok, Ive got the three wheeler running now but got a new problem. I started it up after i put a little fuel down the carb and in the tank it was in neutral but it just constantly accelerated until it sounded like the engine was going to blow. I don't know if the throttle is stuck or what. I think you guys probably know more about this than I do. How do I unstick the throttle? I took the cap off the right side and nothing looked wrong with that.

Vealmonkey
02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I may have your answer. If you removed your airbox or airbox connection to get the fuel down the carb, then you created a lean condition in your engine which the 2 strokes don't like. Make sure to have your airbox and filter hooked up to your engine when you start it. If the airbox and filter were hooked up, then you have an airleak in your system somewhere before the carb and that was causing the lean condition. The easy way to check is if you have the inlet rubber piece to your carb unhooked from the carb, stick your finger into the carb inlet and see if you feel your throttle slide moving up and down when you are moving your thumb throttle. If you have very little movement or the slide feels like it's wide open and not seating all the way, they you probably don't have the groove in your carb slide lined up with the pin inside your carb. It's not that big of a deal, but you probably had some type of lean condition wether you had your airfilter system not hooked up or you have a crack in your rubber elbow or you carb is not fully seated in the elbow or something along those lines.

Colty-bear
02-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Yes I had the airbox hooked up.
This is odd though.
1st start- Low idle throttled it a little bit until I shut it off
2nd start- Just took off, full rpms
3rd start- same full rpms, getting angry
4th start- Low idle then we hit the throttle it revved up and didn't go low after we released the lever.

MTS
02-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Need to pull that carb apart and give it a good cleaning and inspection for starters, The Cap on the "right side" is for the oil injection pump, Also pull the the throttle cable..inspect and lube..check the thumb throttle for binding...Them little strands of wire come apart after years of use and will hang up...Make sure the Slide Needle (in the carb) Has the correct clip and is installed right also.

Colty-bear
02-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Ok. Ill pull it apart and check the cable. And ok i didnt know that was oil. I will Probably have some questions about tuning up the carb. We will see later!

200XMichigan
02-09-2011, 12:15 PM
If you still have the oil injection system you need to bleed it after taking the carb off. If not its simple. Sounds like you have an air leak or possibly just a really dirty carb.

Colty-bear
02-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Ok i lost the peice to the needle on the carb that makes it the width of the spring. Anybody know where i can get a carb or just a new pin? I searched but i cant find one online.

200XMichigan
02-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Where'd ya loose it? I would start looking. You mean the big flat piece that goes over the needle and under the spring. You can make one out of sheet metal.

Colty-bear
02-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Yea thats the peice. I tried to take the pin and spring and slide out to find out why the throttle was stuck. Dumb idea. I pulled it out then *ting* seen it shoot off somewhere in the shop. If I could find a carburetor it would be good but oh well. I dont know what was wrong with it though. It was still pretty lubricated. I felt what might be a little spot of rust on the inside wall. Feels like i could just chip it off with a screwdriver.

Colty-bear
02-10-2011, 06:40 PM
The slide in the carburetor moves fine. I have no idea why it revs up to so high rpms. I started it and it had low rpms and then i throttled it took off again didn't go back to idle. I had it open then messed with the screw adjustment and it didnt seem like it did anything to the slide. Any ideas?