PDA

View Full Version : Carb issues on my 78 ATC 90

turbowrenchhead
01-31-2011, 04:18 PM
I purchased a Klein carb that came from Taiwan. It looks to be the same exact carb that someone recommended to me last year. It has the metal choke lever that moves vertically. I bought one last year and put it on my 78 and it ran great. My 78 broke down last July and its been in the corner since this week. I replace the transmission gears and I got it running again. I took that carb and put it on my 83 and it runs great. I ordered what looked to be the same exact carb that's been real good. The only thing that it said it was for a whizzer bike, whatever that is. It had a bad stumble off of idle and wouldn't idle for sh*t. So I put the 83 stock carb on it and it idled and ran better. I'm wondering if I can change out the idle jet. I would think that the one thats in there is too big. When I get time I'm going to take the two carbs off the bikes and compare to see what is different that it makes such a difference in the idle.

turbowrenchhead
02-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Took them both apart today. It looks like the idle jet in the new carb has slightly smaller holes. This might explain the stumble off idle and poor idle.