PDA

View Full Version : my newly aquired TWO yamaha 1984 200 es

ang4th
01-29-2011, 12:37 PM
just bought a 1984 ytm tri moto 200e .. also came with a second "parts trike " .. well not realy a parts trike since it also runs great !

the yellow one is complete with racks and footgaurds ,, headlight and talight work .. key switch works I think maybe the on off switch is from a different year not sure but all works .. even has electric start and it works .. my battery isnt quite strong enough though ,, but worked with a boost ,, although it starts so well with a single pull maybe two .. no need for e start ,,
I have a new brake pull lever orderd this one didnt need one but had to borrow it for teh beater trike ,,, for now LOL
all the brakes on this thing must be near new as they work perfectly ! also new tires all the way around ( what are new tires worth for these things ?) ..
this thing even has a tool pocket .. I have a new kit from one of those chin a qauds that fits in there perfectly and fits the plug etc ..

parts trike is the same year I think .. but the loom has been hacked .. no battery but teh starter is there ... not going to worry about trying to restore the thing just ride it as is .. so added a toggle switch was one on it but busted .. also added a 55watt headlight kit ... mounted both .. but just using one .. an amazing amount of light from such a tiny light ! ugly i know but its fuction not form on this one LOL
rear tires worn but fine ..front tire worn but holds air so who cares ... only front brakes work so have to be carefull not to turn while braking or .. oooopps over the thing would go .. this oen starts perfect and idles fine .. not bad .. considering $900 for both and only another 10 bucks invested .. thanks to my neighbor who welded the shifter rod back up and yes still threads back on both ends .. and he also donated a few togles :)

so what do you guys think .. and yamaha lovers out there ...
I had about four honda a a few years back .. a really nice 350 x ( had a nicer one back in 85 when i was 20 years old LOL i may have pocted a pic on this site somewhere ) also had a ig red a 250r and a few 200 x s .. now just these two yamahas

ironchop
01-29-2011, 08:00 PM
nice find

so they both run?....can`t beat that

MonroeMike
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM
The yellow one looks good. The other one is what it is, ride it. Nice to have when friends come over and don't have a bike.

Is there too much air in the tires?

ang4th
02-04-2011, 02:02 AM
have had them both out a few times .. they both run great ! the beater actually seems to have bit more power .. maybe becuse it has more exhaust leaks LOL it does back fire a bit .. different ride in eth sno they both have advantages in different types and depths of snow .. both even start great even in very cold temperatures .. no chole at all .// weird ... lol ././ yea maube a bit too much air in teh tores not sure ...
taking them up to teh cottage .. maybe post a new pic or to when we get back sun night .. :)