PDA

View Full Version : 1984 250 problme

justin4
01-28-2011, 09:13 PM
my 84 has not let me down yet but it is starting this thing where i start it it warms i take off it acts like its rrruning out of gas and just dies well i wold let it sit and it would start back up and be fine the last time i rode it it did its thing and died out and it took 2 days to start back up,i was not kicking it for 2 days but i would go out and try it it has spark and it has gas so??????? where to start

Yamaha_Rules69
01-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Are you sure the carb is clean? Are you running a fuel filter? If both of these check out, check for air leaks, which would make it run lean, and melt your piston. Start it up, and spray some starting fluid around the head and base gaskets, and especially take notice when you spray on the intake manifold. Also check it for cracks. If these check good, pull off the flywheel cover, and see if it is wet with gas, or smells like gas, this would indicate a bad crank seal, and needs to be replaced, so DONT RIDE IT. It could also be jetting, so do a plug chop after cheching all of the above first. Good luck!

plcrides
01-28-2011, 10:57 PM
i bought a gallon of carb cleaner from the auto parts and you just soak your carb in it for a couple hours.
i would do that first just to clean your carb so that you can rule it out if it continues.and drain your tank while your at it too.start fresh.

beets442
01-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Check your float valve, might be sticking or your gas cap vent might be clogged, check petcock...