PDA

View Full Version : 200x Rear Axle Question

jdparsons1
10-05-2003, 10:00 AM
I just ripped my 200x down to the frame so I could clean it up and throw a couple coats of paint on it. anyways, on the swingarm, I've got it down to just the swingarm and the rear axle and I can't seem to get the locknuts off the rear axle to take it out. How important is it that I pull that while i have this all apart and grease the bearings? Are they something that need greased regular or should I not worry about it and tape up the axle and just paint the swingarm as-is?

tecatecrazy
10-05-2003, 10:41 AM
since you have got it all tore apart anyway you might as well check those bearings. It would have been alot easier though if you had taken those axel nuts off while the swingarm was stilll on the trike. You will probably need to find your heaviest friend or at the very least a vice to put some leverage on that swingarm, those nuts can be a biatch.---Joe 8)

BLAZERONE22
10-05-2003, 11:48 AM
You should of checked for play on the swinger, before you took it off the frame. you have the pivot bearings and the rear bearings. If your tore down that far I'd almost go ahead and replace the rear bearings. or at least take a pick and pop out the bearing seal and add some grease to the bearing.

jdparsons1
10-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the tips... Anyone know a cheap place to get some seat grommets for the 200x.. I've seen a million of them on ebay in the past for like $11 and now theres none on there.

MountainRider
10-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Are you needing the front and rear grommets? I have some used rear grommets still in good condition, and maybe the front ones too, but not sure. I got new front ones at the local bike shop for about $12 I think.

Darrell