PDA

View Full Version : Coverting 350x from AC to DC

NESC104
01-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Any ideas on what I need to do this? What parts? I want to add a key switch and be able to have the lights on with the engine off...I've stalled on the street during snow storms and was all blacked out, so this is for safety. LOL. Not looking to add electric start. I bought a rectifier and a small dual sport battery.. Just looking for some guidance and to see if its been done. Thanks

Vealmonkey
01-26-2011, 09:27 PM
To me it would seem easier to run some kind of led marker light system with a toggle switch and a rechargable battery of some kind. That way, one system wouldn't affect the other. Also it wouldn't effect the originality of your oem electrical and you could easily remove the system and transfer to another machine if need be.

350XJEDI
01-27-2011, 12:58 AM
thats a good :idea: gonna try it better then the flashlight in my pocket :cool:

MTS
01-27-2011, 01:50 AM
Anyone got a Schematic for the 350x System??? Everyone needs a Good thinker here and there :lol: :beer

oscarmayer
01-27-2011, 09:33 AM
my sig has links to download manuals. i think i have a 350x one htere too.
honestly, I'd look at getting a cheapo wall charger and using a small bike battery. then have it attached to the putputs of your generator. this shoudl converty to DC and the battery will let you run the lights w/o the engine for at least a short bit (2-4 hours). simple and effective.