PDA

View Full Version : Shipping rear fenders is a pain in the booty

captainweezy
01-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Just took some 200x fenders to u.p.s. and man are they expensive. Sold the fenders for
$75 and they wanted $78 to ship them. I made my own box so there was no space left and every inch was used. They only weighed 9 pounds. Does anybody have any secrets? I think they make a few bucks at the place I took it to.

Since I only work part time now I am going to be able to do it but I know I would not pay that much to have it shipped. Its too bad because I have a bunch of rear fenders that are for sale.

Fed ex was $5.00 cheaper so no help there.

shortline10
01-25-2011, 07:59 PM
USPS parcel post will be 1/3 that price . I ship rear fenders all the time and its usually about 30 bucks or so .

Mosh
01-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Sorry,no advice for you. Usually UPS is the cheapest..Unfortunately, shipping prcies have gone through the roof.

Brockey
01-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Usps is the best. Roughly 30 for me too for my 81R rear fenders. Ups is good but coming to Canada they go to Purilator or some spelling. They add brokerage fees then. Just got charged on the package from you earlier today Mosh. Now that was a big package too. And Mosh thxs to you and Tammy for making the CF plastics possible and the lovely seat cover. Very satisfied.

KASEY
01-25-2011, 08:09 PM
if you can get it below 108 inches total,, its 27.00 if you go one inch above 108,,, $107 talk about a rip!!! parcel post

Mosh
01-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Usps is the best. Roughly 30 for me too for my 81R rear fenders. Ups is good but coming to Canada they go to Purilator or some spelling. They add brokerage fees then. Just got charged on the package from you earlier today Mosh. Now that was a big package too. And Mosh thxs to you and Tammy for making the CF plastics possible and the lovely seat cover. Very satisfied.
Thanks Brockey. Sorry they honed you for more money at pickup. International shipping is never pleasant.
But you guys deserve the thanks. You all made the special order possible. Not us.

EDIT..We quit using USPS for the most part. They not only raised their rates, but really started fumbling the ball at the 1 yard line on 4th down.

hublake
01-25-2011, 08:20 PM
I recently sold a set of rear fenders and sent them to Texas with USPS. They were in a box and it only cost a little over $20.00. They were from a Honda 200 I sent from Boise, ID to my home in MI some tires from a US 90 and they only cost me about $22.00 each. I have no problem with USPS

honda200x1987
01-25-2011, 08:46 PM
I always ship FED EX with big or heavy stuff, I for instance shipped a 86-87 200X rear fender for roughly 35 bucks including $500 insurance with tracking, that's how I send my NOS stuff. They ship super fast to but for small stuff I ship USPS POSTAL. I don't understand why they are charging you so much captainweezy, that's like double.

captainweezy
01-25-2011, 09:11 PM
It was a wrap pack and ship place but I did all the packaging myself. Very ridiculous. I always ship usps when I can because its right here in town. Flat rate box's are awesome.