PDA

View Full Version : 200x broken cam sprocket

pcs
01-25-2011, 09:28 AM
so i found out that one of the 2 bolts that holds the cam sprocket broke and i have a small crack on the cam gear. for a replacement do i need to get one off a 200x or can i get one off another 200 motor such as a xr200 or 200s. i was thinking i should just swap in a performance cam while im in there. any suggestions? i read somewhere on a different thread that a xr200 cam will work, if so what years and do i also need a xr200 cam gear. thx for any input

ATCrider42
01-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Your cheapest option would be to find another 200x cam. I've heard the xr200 cam will fit but without any other modifications I doubt it'll help you that much. If you buy a "race" cam you'll probably have to have the valve cover and head bored out for the larger needle bearing journals. And if you have a broken bolt down in your engine you should really think about trying to get that out before you do some serious damage to your transmission.

RodKnockRacing
01-25-2011, 12:33 PM
i have a cam gear i would sell if you need it

pcs
01-26-2011, 01:16 AM
we bolt was broken but i was all still together, when i pulled the cam and head off, i wiggled the cam gear and the head of the bolt fell off so it didnt fall down in to the case. as for mods, i disassembled the head and im going to open up the ports and get a 3 angle valve job while its off.
how much you want for the gear shipped to 85365 rod?