PDA

View Full Version : doing some work to my 84 250r

plcrides
01-25-2011, 01:42 AM
my clutch lever is so tight and hard to squeeze it hurts my hand ,whats the propper way to adjust it?i looked everywhere on here.can it be adjusted down by the housing or just up top by the lever?its rediculous.

and my front master cylinder started leaking the other day after changing brakes and pushing the piston in to put in new pads.i know stupid stupid stupid,well i have the manual and it says to take it apart and clean it all and install it back and use and heres what i need it says apply small amount of adhesive to the cylinder body and the resivoir.
ok now what in the world kind of adhesive will stand up to brake fluid?it says use adhesive (three-bond no.1211 or equivalent.so im going to the auto parts to look for something.hopefully i can just clean it and glue it with something and stop the leaks.

but i do need some help adjusting my clutch lever.i have nerve damage in both arms and hands.(blown every disc in neck) 2 in lower back.yea im screwed.

RodKnockRacing
01-25-2011, 12:39 PM
it can be adjusted down on the clutch arm then fine tune the adjustment up on the lever. also check and lube your clutch cable that could also be why its hard to pull.

plcrides
01-25-2011, 01:35 PM
thanx i will do all of those that makes sence,i need to go to the auto shop and try and find some kind of adhesive that brake fluid wont eat.

plcrides
01-25-2011, 09:24 PM
well i did it ,after seperating the resivoir from the master cylinder i found out that theres just an adhesive glue holding them together so i got some oil and solvent resistant adhesive and took it all apart and cleaned it and put it back together,im going to wait over night before filling the resivoir up with brake fluid.i dont feel lucky.