PDA

View Full Version : Envious of my friend...

Xpress
01-24-2011, 06:11 PM
85 350X barn find. Okay, maybe it wasn't in a barn, but it was kept inside a storage container, low hours machine. REALLY nice condition for what he bought it for. Needs a little TLC and it should look/run like new.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4849/imag0568e.jpg
-CELL PHONE PIC DOESN'T DO IT JUSTICE!-

Man oh man am I jealous. He seems to pick the best stuff (he was going to pass this up to get a CRF50!!!!!).

Anyways, he wanted me to ask what kinds of things break the easiest, how hard it is to find those parts, and what the value of it would be (think California value).

tommerp
01-24-2011, 06:45 PM
.....and what the value of it would be (think California value).

It's not worth much.. send it to me and I'll take it out of it's misery!

edog
01-24-2011, 06:48 PM
$3500 depending on a few things

Chris Salerno
01-24-2011, 06:50 PM
nice find was it an auction or did he know what he was buying

cattle-dog
01-24-2011, 07:07 PM
tell him not to let you ride it or it will be broke !!!!! lol just joking

bkm
01-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Wow! Very nice. Am I seeing things or does it still have the original paint stripe on the front tire?

83ATC185S
01-24-2011, 07:47 PM
2500 tops. 2k would be a better bet. Nice machine

bigbadktm
01-24-2011, 08:10 PM
there has been one on CL for a while now and $1350 is a better bet in this economy...looks good though

TrailerRider
01-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice bike! Here in norcal it would not go for less then $1400. Everything is stupid high here. I about sh!t myself when I seen an x round here for less then $900 and the one I seen latley was a pile of sh!t. Hows the saying go, driven hard and put away wet?

Xpress
01-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Hmm, lets see...

-It was a craigslist find.
-He rides the @$#% out of stuff, doesn't care if it's mint condition, never ridden, ect. ect. (at least he's aware it's 100% OEM, and covered it up from the sun)
-Yes! Original paint stripes on the tires.
-I'm not about to discuss what he paid for the bike- if he wants to chime in, he can make his own account and spill. He is also 2nd owner :)

We checked it out a couple days ago, went over the entire thing, cold start, frame inspection, ect. ect. Not even a chip on the frame paint, and after speaking more with the owner, we found out it has less than 15 hours on it) He debated getting a CRF50 or this thing, and he finally decided to go get it today. Now to look for one of my own :lol:

ailll1
01-24-2011, 09:39 PM
One of these would bring big bucks where I live. Easily 4000$ and probably more. All kind of sport trikes are really rare out here so they are worth even more than utility trikes.

KASEY
01-24-2011, 10:02 PM
YEAH BUT $4000 canadian is like $300 us??? lol!!

edog
01-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Dam...I would be a rich man in those parts...lol

Xpress
01-24-2011, 10:17 PM

Lol!!!!!!! :Bounce

shortbus
01-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Anxious to see how much he paid : )

1984 honda 200s
01-24-2011, 10:28 PM
thats SWEET real nice shape. buying bikes from older people are the best! i recently bought an '84 TRX200 owned by an older gentle men he used it for hunting, it had 6400 oringinal klms on the odometer! bike is obsolutly mint with original front tires on it.pd: 925 canadian. nice to see a well taken care of bike like that!! nice find.

hang&rattle
01-24-2011, 10:28 PM
You sure he should have it Xpress? Is this one goin' to the way-side. Is your buddy gonna destroy this thing? Seeing what he can afford to break? Hopefully you can talk some sense into him, sad to know he dosen't give a chit.

1987350x
01-24-2011, 10:34 PM

You do realize your green back is worth less than the Canadian.....not by much mind you.
;)

Xpress
01-24-2011, 10:35 PM
^$1 USD = $0.9927 CAD, so our dollar is worth more ;)

You sure he should have it Xpress? Is this one goin' to the way-side. Is your buddy gonna destroy this thing? Seeing what he can afford to break? Hopefully you can talk some sense into him, sad to know he dosen't give a chit.

I'll make CERTAIN he keeps it in NICE condition. The last thing we need is for him to beat the chit out of it and break a lot of OEM parts on it like he does his 200X.. He bought it for the sand though, so hopefully he doesn't ride it up here much.

bugler30
01-24-2011, 10:43 PM
nice, looks like an after market grab bar. I'd say $2500 to the right person depending on the area. As far as what breaks the stator cover if the chainguard is broken or removed, the rear carrier is kinda flimsy cast aluminum and if the bearings crap out it could take the carrier with it. The engine is next to bullet proof when properly maintained and if taken care of that bike will be around in another 25 years still romping the dunes. I'm not saying it should be preserved in a museum but it should be taken care of and not beat to crap. I think it may have more than 15 hours on it though due to the paint fade on the stator cover above the gearshift. The plastics are absolutely beautiful though and if your friend is a thrasher get him to pick up some maiers and a clark tank to put on and save those OEM ones as they are probably the majority of the value of the bike.

Xpress
01-24-2011, 11:36 PM
nice, looks like an after market grab bar. I'd say $2500 to the right person depending on the area. As far as what breaks the stator cover if the chainguard is broken or removed, the rear carrier is kinda flimsy cast aluminum and if the bearings crap out it could take the carrier with it. The engine is next to bullet proof when properly maintained and if taken care of that bike will be around in another 25 years still romping the dunes. I'm not saying it should be preserved in a museum but it should be taken care of and not beat to crap. I think it may have more than 15 hours on it though due to the paint fade on the stator cover above the gearshift. The plastics are absolutely beautiful though and if your friend is a thrasher get him to pick up some maiers and a clark tank to put on and save those OEM ones as they are probably the majority of the value of the bike.

Yup, 6 pack rack. The owner said he had the original grab bar, but he hasn't come forth with it. Not that my friend will care, he has plans for the 6 pack rack.

The bike does have hours on it, all of them at the dunes. Also I mentioned to him about keeping the OEM fenders locked away, but he's got mixed emotions about them...

whipit
01-25-2011, 12:06 AM

lil bit clueless there

HuffieVA
01-25-2011, 09:49 AM
^$1 USD = $0.9927 CAD, so our dollar is worth more

Huh???, Oh you must be using the "New Obama Math", nevermind...

Actually that means the US Dollar is worth .0073 cents less and a Canadian Dollar not the other way around...

Thorpe
01-25-2011, 10:43 AM
I have a crf50 in the garage I will trade him, even up...!

200XMichigan
01-25-2011, 11:11 AM
I would say if he was thinking of getting a CRF50 instead of that. Convince him the CRF50 is what he wanted. Get the trike from him. Sucks someone who doesn't even care about it has it, buy it from him.

Xhumeka
01-25-2011, 12:09 PM

Actually that means the US Dollar is worth .0073 cents less and a Canadian Dollar not the other way around...

hahahah, I was thinking the same thing...

Xpress
01-25-2011, 02:00 PM
He's been keeping it real nice sofar. He had it under a cover all yesterday after he used it, so it's a step in the direction of preservation.

Damnit! I knew he was no good!! I voted for McCain ;)

tri-Z ripper
01-25-2011, 02:12 PM
$3500 depending on a few things

really, you come back to jack up more prices?

cox
01-25-2011, 02:49 PM

LOLZ, We will see whats in store for the us dollar in a few years i would suspect. Things arent looking to good for them. Obama FTW. I think the reason for trikes, mostly sport trikes being more expensive up here is the fact that most of the people here that bought trikes in the 80's used them on the farm/work and not for recreational use. Or at least recreational us wasnt first on the list of why they bought it, so they bought utility. That why there isnt to many sport models that come up, and when they do they are hella expensive. I have a local atv salvage yard that pretty close to me. They have had all sorts of sport trikes come in the last years. Most of them are not decked out with any aftermarket parts. Rode on OEM till they broke then sat. But they jack the prices up hardcore and all parts are stored outside in the weather. I dunno if yall seen my thread about working outside in the open forum. But there is 4 ft of snow here, feb supposed to double that. Cant be good for all those machines sitting outside. Sad really.....

Xpress
01-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Well sofar so good (aside from my neighbor). Spent all morning turning it up, cleaning parts off, so it's REALLY shiny now :D

So much power too, didn't have any troubles getting it sideways or poppin wheelies :)

ailll1
01-25-2011, 09:01 PM
LOLZ, We will see whats in store for the us dollar in a few years i would suspect. Things arent looking to good for them. Obama FTW. I think the reason for trikes, mostly sport trikes being more expensive up here is the fact that most of the people here that bought trikes in the 80's used them on the farm/work and not for recreational use. Or at least recreational us wasnt first on the list of why they bought it, so they bought utility. That why there isnt to many sport models that come up, and when they do they are hella expensive. I have a local atv salvage yard that pretty close to me. They have had all sorts of sport trikes come in the last years. Most of them are not decked out with any aftermarket parts. Rode on OEM till they broke then sat. But they jack the prices up hardcore and all parts are stored outside in the weather. I dunno if yall seen my thread about working outside in the open forum. But there is 4 ft of snow here, feb supposed to double that. Cant be good for all those machines sitting outside. Sad really.....

Nicely said! That's the main reason of their expensive cost IMO.