PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice, please help guys!

J.D.
10-04-2003, 04:27 PM
The time has come to bore the ol Tri-Z, tore off the cylinder and my piston skirt is MISSING....found chunks in the exhaust, but not all of it. None down in crankcase either, thank God. Here's my dilemna tho(cyl is on stock bore), I can buy a wiseco .20 over piston for a good deal cheaper than .10 over...and even if I go with the .20, I still have 5 more bores to go. What would you do in my situation??? Also...the wristpin bearing on the crank, it feels good and tight, but should I get a new one anyways? THanks fellas

NOS_350X
10-04-2003, 04:32 PM
if you plan on keeping it forever (for a long time) then go witht he smaller bore. if you plan on selling it in a couple of years then get the larger one.

Tri-Z Pilot
10-06-2003, 04:23 AM
As long as there is not too much side play in your connecting rod I wouldnt worry about it.

200Xtreme
10-06-2003, 08:16 PM
Go with the .020" over piston if it's a great deal. as far as the bearing, always replace the wristpin, and top brg/circlips with the piston. The crankpin journal /brg./rod (bigend) should be checked closely for wear. If this needs attention, its time to split the case, and replace the rod, and crankpin/brg assembly. good luck

YamaChuck
10-06-2003, 08:25 PM
The wristpin should come with the piston. Or at least I know you can buy them with a wrist pin included as a kit.

J.D.
10-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Yes the wristpin does come along, but the wrist bearing doesn't. I have to tear apart the bottom end cuz I have leaky crankcase seals, all this time I thought my poor performance was a needed bore...guess not, oh well at least I'll know that she has a 100% fresh engine! whoohoo, more money down the drain!

TimSr
10-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Normally you dont need to specify the bore when you send one out, other than "minimum necessary". My dealer sends them to Wiseco for boring, who sends them back with a new piston and rings set which includes clips and wrist pin, but does not include wrist pin bearings, which you will want to replace too. So far, every time Ive done a Z, theyve never been abale to get away with taking less than .020" off.