PDA

View Full Version : fuel oil mixture question

plcrides
01-21-2011, 10:59 PM
howdy as you all know i recently bought the 84 250r thats bored out to a 295 when i got it he said that he mixed it 16 to 1 and said that everybody mixes it different its like you have your chevy guys and ford guys opinions.

well i have it 16 to 1 right now and im riding around on my property ,i have five acres and some pretty good little stretches but nothing long enough to stretch it out thru all gears.so basicly im putting around.ive noticed a couple things.one you sure do need to switch gears pretty fast on this thing.if you dont it makes that oil build up sound where you have to rev it to straighten it out,ya know.and second if i mix it to 20 to 1 will this help me out on my riding conditions?

im not out in the open fields where i can just rip it up.i wish i could,but my question is if you think i should go to a 20 to 1 like it says in the manual whats the best way to do this mixing?i put the oil in a 1 gallon gas can then poured some in my tank on the bike.if i need to add gas how much and how?i could drain the tank back to the gas can.i didnt fill it up all the way a hundred percent 1 gal.but close so theres room to add,but i dont know how much.if any?

NINJA
01-21-2011, 11:08 PM
The answer to which you seek is found here:
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?115557-do-I-have-to-mix-20-1&highlight=mix+ratio

tri-shee
01-22-2011, 10:46 AM
I run all of my 2 strokes bikes at 32 to 1 with no problems . Maxima castrol 927 oil