PDA

View Full Version : 85 Z Settings?

slippy4
10-04-2003, 01:26 AM
whats the stock carb settings for an 85 tri-z? i just need a basis to start from. thakns

Tri-Z Pilot
10-04-2003, 04:15 AM
type/manufacturer vm32ss/mikuni
i.d. mark 38w01
main jet #470
main air jet 2.5
jet needle-clip pos. 6h3-3
needle jet p-2
cutaway 2-0
pilot jet #45
pilot air screw 1.0 turns out
valve seat size 1.5
starter jet 1.3

Well, hope this helps you out>

slippy4
10-04-2003, 11:24 AM
yes it does, the only question i have is, when i have it in neutral the engine will only rev up to a certian point then it levels out there, wont rev all the way up, then i have it in any gear and it will rev out but not in neutral. Does it have a rev. limiter on it or is there something i can adjust? thanks

Tri-Z Pilot
10-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Usually when something doesnt rev out it is rich. The only reason I can see that it will only rev out in gear has to do something with the engine load. You see in nuetral the flywheel probably doesnt give enough juice when in neutral but as soon as your in motion the added momentum of the bike and eninge load probably puts more torque on the flywheel, thus giving a better spark. This is only a theory though. Check your electronics, your sparkplug, and make sure the airfilter has no clogs in it.

slippy4
10-04-2003, 02:54 PM
sparkplug is new, filter looks to be new, very clean at least, ill check the spark when it gets darker out so i can see for sure. what electronics would be bad? my guess would be coil but could be something else.