PDA

View Full Version : Score! 1986 250r w/ Calfab

xrider
01-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Check out the latest pickup guys! This popped up on Columbus, Ohio craigslist Monday and couldnt help myself. The guy wanted 1800 originally but I talked him down to 1450, not bad considering it has low profile rear fender, a Calfab Swingarm, plus some other old school parts :naughty: . It is in great shape, I was told that the motor just had a complete bottom and top end rebuild and it looks almost as if the previous owner did a partial restore as the frame, tank, and shrouds are mint. It started right up cold on the first kick and ran like a top. I'll get some better pictures up this weekend. Let me know what you all think.

cattle-dog
01-19-2011, 08:38 AM
i think you stole it

JohnR.
01-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Are you sure that's a low pro rear fender. It doesn't look like it in that pic.

xrider
01-19-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm almost positive they are low profile maier. My other '86 250r's have stock rear fenders and these are way different. These fenders look smaller than stock, and the recess in the section where you put your numbers is different. If you look closely at the picture, the shiny section of the fender where the numbers go is actually recessed from the rest of the fender by 1 - 2". I'll get some better pictures of them this weekend tho.