PDA

View Full Version : 1984 honda 200es

red-rocket
01-18-2011, 04:11 PM
so a friends 84 200es has a problem when you go to give to any gas the bike seams to want to come out of gear its not sliping i changed both clutches anyway an the shift rod an fork look ok im stumped i figured the front clutch was doing this but it wasent also all gears are doing the same thing any help would be great thanks

tri again
01-18-2011, 04:20 PM
sorry for the silly question, but is the hi lo selector actually
all the way in one or the other?
Mine used to get stuck partway and sometimes walk itself out a little and spin freely

Chazz of Blades
01-18-2011, 09:50 PM
When using the little black lever to select hi/lo/rev, rock the trike back and forth and pull the lever and try and go as far in that direction as possible. There are lines that you can match up to, one on the shifter, one on the engine.

red-rocket
01-23-2011, 02:42 PM
hello thanks for the info but here is what i did same problem i changed the clutches both also took the rear axle out to check the splines they are great had all the hi lo r gear box apart everything is good there also i had the shifter rod apart where the 3 ball bearing are also that seams to be ok but there is a little play in the shifter not alot but theres some there anyway thanks in advace for any help